FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suggestion: First Posts & Other Posts

HA1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

On many occasions I have come across first time posters whose posts fall down to page due to the volume on posting traffic on some days.  This is understandable and maybe unavoidable.

However, could I suggest that a separate posting Tab be created (in addition to the All Posts, New Posts, and My Posts).  This tab should be for first time posters and those posters that the BB moderator deems necessary to have attached to it the message at bottom about contacting the BB Support line (generally those posts are those where the poster has shown signs of deep anxiety or desperation).  This will avoid the situation where a post that warrants immediate attention indadvertedly falls between the cracks and onto page 2.  Just a suggestion. Or is what I am suggesting creating a false sense of priority?

Take care

K

1 Reply 1

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi AOK,

Thanks for the suggestions. It is a difficult one to manage - we do have many new members joining each day, but we also have a lot of regular members who engage, so it would probably be unfair to prioritise some posts over others. In this thread, we do provide tips for new members to encourage them to get involved in discussions and introduce themselves, as this is usually the best way to get responses in a forum environment and also feel like you belong.

Please rest assured, the posts you see with our message at the bottom have received a reply from our support service so they have not been missed. 

We will be adding some features before the end of the year that will allow you to subscribe to threads you are interested in, so you'll get a message when there are new replies in that thread. This should make it easier for you to keep on top of discussions that you're participating in.