FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

So lonely

Itzwend
Community Member

I don't know how to feel like I've got a future, not looking forward to anything after having to start my life all over again on my own. Been suffering from extreme anxiety and depression constantly for three years now. Exhausted mentally. I've seen Drs, counselors, psychologists and psychiatrist and nothing helps. I'm forcing myself to try and be normal by going to work, I feel like a robot, no joy or happiness in my life any more. I want to feel normal and seek help endlessly but can't find what I'm looking for.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M

Hey Itzwend

Welcome to the forums, we are so glad that you've taken a big step in sharing here.

We hope you find some comfort in sharing here, and in hearing from the lovely community members, many of whom will be able to relate to what you’ve been through.

It sounds like this has been a long time of feeling this way. It can feel so frustrating when even though we are doing all of the "right things", the feeling does not seem to shift.

If you ever want to talk this through with one of the Beyond Blue counsellors, feel free to give us a call on 1300 22 4636, or reach out through Online Chat here.  

Thank you for sharing this and giving this community a chance to offer you their understanding and advice. We’re here to listen and offer support - you are not alone.

Kind regards,  

Sophie M 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Itzwend

Welcome to the forums.

Your last sentence, " I want to feel normal and seek help endlessly but can't find what I'm looking for.", I was left wondering what are you looking for? What do you think would help you?

I could be wrong, but, could some of what you are feeling be because you have lost someone important in your life & you are grieving the loss as well as facing being without them?

I don't know what else to say ... I just feel sad that it's been so difficult for you. If you think talking here might help, just saying what's on your mind, what you are feeling, that's okay.

For myself, I mostly needed time& being able to talk to someone. I am grateful I found someone I could talk to. For me it is my current Psychiatrist. If you want someone to talk to, someone who can listen with care & consider your needs, then keep looking. That's w;hat I would suggest.

But in the meantime. BB Forums are a good place to find some support.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

StevePax
Community Member

Sorry to hear you are feeling low. I'm new here and can relate to many of the posts I have seen. The good news is that you are not alone. This appears to be a very supportive community. If ever you want someone to just chat to then let me know. Happy to offer you my shoulder and try to help you burden your load. 

Steve 😊 

tornadolover
Community Member

I'm so sorry you're going through this awful struggle, it's like a form of torture 😞 to suffer for 3 years is really rough and would be super exhausting! You are doing amazing to make it through a day, that is a huge achievement in itself! I can relate to doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists not helping at all....it sounds like your in auto pilot, and that's such an awful way to live, i was also in auto pilot for many many years at my last job...it sucked the life out of me that job and the people that surrounded me daily....just curious, does it happen to bring you a sense of joy helping others in similar situations as you? I'm realizing more lately that it brings me a sense of purpose to be there for those who are in pain, as i can relate with them so deeply...have you tried mediation? When you finally master turning your thoughts off, or at least quietening them it can really help, but it takes alot of dedication and work...maybe try some mindfulness mediation? I hope your ok considering your situation, thinking of you 🙂