FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Overwhelmed

Guest1202022
Community Member
Hi to all, This is my first post, if i am not anxious i am depressed and it seems to just be getting worse. I am generally ok on the week I work but on the week I dont I spend at least 1 full day in bed feeling so overwhelmed by everything and nothing.
7 Replies 7

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there

Welcome to the forums. I’m sorry to read you’re feeling this way. Have you considered seeking some help around this to try and understand what’s happening and how to move forward? There are various options - one being your gp who you could discuss medications with or a referral to a psychologist. Happy to chat more.

Katy

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Guest1202022,

Welcome to our Beyond Blue forums, and thanks so much for your post. I totally understand you. It can be so difficult to navigate feelings of being anxiousness and depressed, especially when it feels overwhelming or like you can't get out of bed.

As Katy has suggested, you could consider having a chat to a mental health professional (psychologist, counsellor, therapist or even a GP) about your feelings. Confiding in close friends or family can also be quite therapeutic, and they may also be able to offer you some great advice.

Please continue to chat with us further, we'd love to hear more from you.

All the best, SB

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Guest, anxiety and depression really come hand in hand, although I'm not a doctor but know one day one of these overtakes the other, while the reverse can happen the day.

There could be trigger points, known or unknown that begin this process, these need to be written done in point form, because if it's in an essay type form, sometimes the doctor/psych can get lost in what you're trying to tell them.

If you can do this even when you're feeling OK as well as when you aren't because our mind can change dramatically.

If you want to share some of these with us, please do, and remember that all of us have had to struggle with our own type of depression ourselves so much has been discussed.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi there,

i am sorry you are going through these tough times. have you spoken to your doctor about these feelings? this really helped me - i know it is hard to make an appointment, but i am so glad i did. and i think you should too.

if you need to talk i am here,

jaz xx

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried to chat with your GP or a psychologist? I understand that you're aware that something is wrong, but don't try to self-diagnose or self-medicate, you may get to a wrong direction. I would strongly suggest you to seek help from a professional, including your GP, a psychologist, or call beyondblue hotline. Don't hesitate, don't give any chance to your mental issue to let it become worse. You'll be on the right track after starting to do this.

Of course if you feel comfortable, you can share your story here. We're ready to listen and help.

Mark

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Guest, just wondering how you are going.

Geoff.