FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Ange64
Community Member

Hello

I Have been suffering from Anxiety for quite some years now, thing came to ahead when after 8 years in my Job management decided I was "ready to go" so with a bit of a push I left and a little better for it, however whilst I thought that it was the job causing the anxiety I am now finding that it comes and goes regularly for no apparant reason. I struggle to understand why someone who appears to have everything, has anything to complain about or feel sad about but here I am?

I am not sure if anyone else has this feeling that if you shop or buy things you will feel better?

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ange64,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for joining us! I'm glad that you decided to post and I hope you'll find the forums to be a supportive community.

I just wanted to try and reassure you that anxiety (and any mental illness in general) doesn't discriminate. Regardless of whether you don't have the basics, like a roof over your head - or have a multi-storey home, you could still have anxiety.

and yes, absolutely! That's because shopping makes us feel a little chemical high in our brain, so it feels good! The problem is though that the high tampers down after a while, so we either need to buy more things or find other ways to cope.

Hopefully you'll find lots of support here. I encourage you to browse the other anxiety threads too.

rt