FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Spongie
Community Member
Hey everyone, I'm new here 🙂 I'm just hoping to get a little support and direction on some anxiety I have been dealing with recently. TIA
5 Replies 5

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Use the search above.

Here is one example of what you can find

Google

Beyondblue Topic anxiety, how I eliminated it

TonyWK

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Spongie, and thanks for posting your comment.

It's awful when anyone has any type of depression and we feel sorry for you and please let us help you.

There is great support from so many different people who have had to struggle with this by themselves and it would be better for us if you want to explain the situation you are in.

Take it slowly at your own pace.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Thank you. I will be sure to take a look.

Spongie
Community Member
Hi Geoff,
Thanks you for your lovely message.
My situation has only just become apparent as I didn't realise that I was experiencing anxiety/depression until my co-workers mentioned that I hadn't been my self for a few months now. Looking back, I have been experiencing 'mental fogginess', sadness (just in the past week I have been crying uncontrollably) and cannot seem to concentrate on any tasks at hand. I am 30 years old and have a 7 year old son (Who is amazing!) I have lived with my parents for the past 3 years since my separation from my ex husband (divorce isn't finalised as yet) and am currently in a relationship with a wonderful and very suppprtive man. I seen my GP tonight and now have a referral for a psychologist. I will organise an appointment in the morning 🙂

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Spongie, thanks for getting back to us.

This illness can creep up on you or anyone else without them realising, because it may happen slowly, it's like being outside and the weather is perfect but slowly the wind starts to blow, at first you are unaware of it happening, until it blows a gale, so with mental illness other people you are around can notice it happening without you knowing.

Going through a divorce isn't easy, it wasn't for me so I know and understand what you are going through.

Ask your doctor about the 'mental health plan', this entitles you to 10 Medicare paid sessions with a psych per year.

I'm pleased you have met someone you really like and please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes.

Geoff.