FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Newbie on this forum

Keeping-On
Community Member

Hello everyone - I haven’t been here before. Depression is my big issue and I’m hoping to both give and receive support

4 Replies 4

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Keeping-On,

Welcome to the forums, I have just been reading through your other post about the forums.

I wanted to give you an idea of what the forums are about. We are a community of members with all types of mental health difficulties and in various stages of recovery. We are what is known as peer support or lived experience support. When someone new like yourself reaches out, a community champion will usually respond but having said that, there may not be a champion online at the time of your post. Alternatively, they may be responding to other posts at the time.

It is not designed for immediate help and support, there is a button at the top of the page for immediate support so that if someone is struggling and doesn't feel able to wait for a reply, they can call or chat in real time with a professional support person.

Where these forums shine is that all posts are available for others to read. Some members never write a post, they read through advice given to someone in a similar situation and find that is enough for them. There are threads that go back many years that have been contributed to by people who are no longer a member. It gives a wide and diverse collection of help and advice as a result.

I hope you will give the forums a bit of time to get used to and, when needed, use the immediate support that is available. My big issue is also depression so you are not alone, there are many of us. It's also good to know that you are willing to give support also, that in itself can make you feel better.

Take care,

indigo

Is anyone there ?  I want to do a web chat. BB says it is online 24/7 but nobody is there. Who can help please ?

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Keeping-On,

I have just sent your last post to the moderators to look into, I imagine they will send you an email soon.

indigo

Hi Keeping-On,

I really hope you are feeling better and have been able to speak to someone. If you feel like, please let us know how you are doing...

Take care

Happylife