FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Newbie - just wanna talk to other people

Kira2019
Community Member

Hi everyone

im new here and recently being diagnosed with severe depression, PTSD, and probably soon to be diagnosed with borderline personality disorder...

it would be great to talk to someone... I’m seeing a councillor every 2 weeks but would be great to talk to other people. I do have a husband but he does work and I don’t hVe many friends that I can talk to about all this

hope to chat to someone soon

7 Replies 7

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Kira, thanks for coming to the forums and sorry for how you are feeling.

It would be great to be able to talk with you whenever you are available and then other people will also join in as well.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Neh
Community Member

Hi Kira,

how are you? I’m new here. Sorry I don’t really know much about depression. But I feel like I have depression too. Just wanna go to a GP and find out soon. How did you find out about your depression if you don’t mind me asking. Is it controlled now?. Thanks so much.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Kira,

Im sorry about the way your feeling and struggling with PTSD/severe depression.....There are many here on the forums that are also diagnosed with them....I am one of them....and would like to talk to you about what ever you feel to talk about...as well as I would like to try to help support you...

I have found the people here on the forums to be very kind, compassionate and extremely helpful since I’ve been a member here....

Please Kira..be kind and gentle to yourself..I feel that’s the first step towards us managing our mental health...

Looking forward to talking to you..when you feel up to it...

Kind thoughts with some warm caring hugs..🤗..

Grandy....

Matches
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Kira,

Welcome.

Excuse my direct question, why do you suspect a borderline personality diagnosis?

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Kira

Good on you for posting with us and welcome! There are excellent posts of support above from other members that doing their best to be helpful

Being diagnosed with depression is not happy place to be in. You are strong though for making the effort to seek the help to find out what has been happening to you. To have the diagnosis is a huge step forward towards finding recovery and some peace of mind

Can I ask if you are using google as a search reference? Matches mentioned why you suspect a borderline personality diagnosis. If you wish to talk about what you are going through you are very welcome to do so

Just a note...The forums are a private and non judgemental place for you to post Kira....There is no judgement here....just the best support we can provide through our own life experience 🙂

You are not alone

my kind thoughts

Paul

Kira2019
Community Member
Just talking with my councillor and the way I’ve been acting with my husband. So my councillor just suspects I have it aswell. So she just wants to make sure before we go any further with the sessions

Hi Kira

Even though everyone's depression (or anxiety) varies...I understand what you are going through as I have been seeing counselors and doctors off and on for a while now. I didnt want to at first but having some peace through regular visits with my GP's too...

There are many gentle people on the forums that can be here for you too.

You have done really well by reaching out here on the forums.....that is a huge part of recovery. I have a sibling that isnt as proactive as you and chooses not to do anything about her diagnosed depression & anxiety

you are stronger than you think Kira and good on you 🙂

please take care of you first.....all other considerations are secondary

my kind thoughts

Paul