FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don’t know what’s happening

MBS
Community Member
I really don’t understand, why people make promises, we will help you with the paper work for transition to civilian life, we will help you find a house. I wanted to live so, I could make life easier for my wife and 2 kids, but now I am way away from work, in a house where everything is a mess. Thanks to Toll, defence, dva for big promises. But I think I have had enough. I am useless, just a burden to everyone. I have done as much as I could, don’t think I can do anything anymore. Thanks everyone, it’s better to go offline now.
3 Replies 3

Forward_only
Community Member
Hope you hang in there and get through this. Life is never the way we picture it should be. Sometimes little variations, sometimes large ones. I always hang in there by letting time pass and eventually things do change.

Soberlicious96
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear MBS,

Welcome to Beyond Blue and well done for reaching out. After all, a problem shared is a problem halved.

It is disappointing when people and organizations make promises that are not followed through. But without knowing all the circumstances, it's hard to make comment or offer support as to which direction you should or could go next.

And even though you may feel a bit useless and hopeless right now, I'm sure it's not a permanent state. Yes, sometimes life can seem awfully challenging, but like 'Forward Only' said (above), nothing lasts forever.

Anyway, if you want to share a little more about your situation, please feel free. Or, if it has helped just to know that you have been 'heard' and seen on here, then that's okay too.

Take care. Hope things improve for you soon. xo

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi MBS

Had a conversation with a guy some months back who mentioned a Facebook page where ex service people (who are somewhat disgruntled with DVA) support each other. Thought it's worth a mention. He said it made a massive difference to him, not only in the way of mental and emotional support but also when it comes to ways to get certain processes moving.

I believe having people we relate to can sometimes be enough to encourage us to both vent constructively and heal in ways which cannot be done with those who don't fully understand the struggle.

By the way, I helped my nephew (some years ago) deal with army/DVA related stuff after an injury related discharge. Such a soul destroying process for him. My observation: Defense are happy to form your identity (all that mental and physical stuff that entails being a soldier) but they're not quite as invested when it comes to helping reform it. Reformation can be a tough journey when undertaken without the best guidance. Give some thought to that Facebook page, even if it's the only thing you join social media for. It might just be worth it.

Take care of yourself and keep in mind - for a battle to be exhausting, it does not need to be a physical one