FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to the forums and can't seem to access replies

Panthora
Community Member

Hello All,

I will post again to introduce myself, but I need advice on accessing the replies to posts. I see red text which gives a number then the word "replies", however clicking it does nothing, there is no live link. Nor can I see any other possible way to find replies. 

In addition I found in the FAQ a mention of "nested replies" which might work but I cant see any way of accessing that either. I already checked in my settings. I hope one of you can help.

Thanks in advance,

Panthora.

6 Replies 6

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Panthora~

I'm afraid you now have me confused:)

The normal procedure is to join and give your details. Then when you log on giving the username (i.e. Panthora) and the password you chose you make a thread and put in a first post. In this case your thread is locate at :

Beyond Blue Forums - introduce yourself - Welcome and oreintation

And titled:

New to the forums and can't seem to access replies

If you are unsure you can get back to your thread then bookmark it in your browser, or use the Your Discussions heading at top center of any page in the Forum.

There you will see your original post together underneath the word XXX Replies in bold on the left. If XXX is one or greater you have one or more replies. They simply sit below your original post and require no action on your part except to scroll down the page to make them come into view.

At the moment I can find no record of you having made any other thread or post using your username Panthora and while you have made an original post you had (until I posted) 0 Replies. As a result you could not see any.

This procedure works on a computer or a phone. If your query is about something else please come back and I'll try again. Incidentally I've never used 'nested replies' and suggest you leave that for now.

Good luck

Croix

Panthora
Community Member

Thank you Croix, I found your reply in my profile, though it wasn't showing when i looked at my post directly in the forum. Next question, should I also see replies to other peoples posts? I cant find any, so if that's correct, I cant see how I can contribute to the discussions.

Oh! I just realised I have to click on the headline of a post to see replies. I was just reading the post and clicking [more] to read the whole post. All fixed. Thank you Croix.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

😉

-C

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Panthora

I saw another discussion you strated, replied, but, my memory already has not retained the name of that!

I find it handy if people click underneath my posts, next to the little blue heart, to 'Support', then I will see a notification advising me someone has supported in whatever discussion it was .. there is a little blue heart also near your picture, up at the top. A number will appear here too, when there are notifications for you. Click to see them. they have links directly to the discussions people have 'supported'.

I can also search up there, to find that other discussion I was responding to earlier. All I have is your username, but that's all I need today.

Good on you, Croix, for your help.

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear mmMekitty (with a wave to Panthora)~

Panthora's ohter discussion is at:

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/welcome-and-orientation/hello-i-am-here-to-fill-my-lonely-aftern...

HTH

Croix