FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to beyond blue

Bluey_moon
Community Member

Hi

I am probably doing this the wrong way around, as I have already posted a few days ago. But I want to introduce myself. 

I am a wife to a very supportive husband and a mother to two beautiful children and a fur baby. I am a great friend and a hard worker. I Also have been diagnosed with GAD with some OCD traits. This diagnosis is relatively new, the OCD part anyway, it was about 5 years ago it was GAD. 

Mostly I worry about illnesses, either for myself or the children. This time I convinced myself I was schizophrenic (even though my Gp, the psychiatrist and the psycologist said I wasnt, that they'd put a million dollars on it). I read all about it and convince myself I had the symptoms, and to be really honest a small part of me still worries, every time I feel nervous, paranoid ect. Last time it was MS. 

So there it is, laid bare. 

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Bluey moon, we all have the same problem, in that we go onto the net and search all the different medications with trying to know what the side-effects are, but the companies have to list what could happen to someone for legal reasons, in other words, if you become nauseated and haven't been warned then legal action could take place.

We also check out different other illness's just to see if the symptoms are what we have, but this is a trap, because only the doctors are able to diagnose us.

GAD can be associated with OCD, because this illness is linked to having anxiety. Geoff. x

Bluey_moon
Community Member

This is true Geoff and I have fallen into this trap many times! 

My anti depressants are starting to take effect, which is great! 

Hope all is good for you, take care.