FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New and Confused

Shazzydoll
Community Member
Hi I read the rules and its really hard for me sometimes to focus in reading.. I have Severe PTSD ,Anxiety Depression, Agoraphobia, Social phobia, I also suffer from Chronic Pain from accidents.. Ive been hit by drunk drivers three times! Then trying to stop an ex boyfriend driving I stupidly got in the vehicle.. I couldn't get him to go home.. he kept driving while I tried convincing him to let me drive.. He passed out driving on a snowy night we went through guard rails and went down 14ft down a mountain side..... I will never forget that night.. The roads terrify me now... I also have SVT (supervantricular Tachyardia). Ive been through so much abuse through my life.. Now I finally found someone and been married to him for 6 1/2 years now.. But I'm still sick! I want to work but no one responds to my resumes.. I feel hopeless....... =( Is it because something is wrong with me? Do people notice? =(
2 Replies 2

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Shazzydoll

Welcome to the forums and good on you for posting

You have really been through some tough times in so many ways too! If I may ask you Shazzy, have you been seeing your GP or counselor about your illnesses? I have had acute anxiety/depression for many years and have worked through most of it but that was with regular counseling.....a lot of it weekly...

You have the bonus of having a partner for 61/2 years which is a huge support mechanism where healing is concerned. People dont 'notice' that we have an illness...anxiety...depression..agoraphobia....they just cant see the 'invisable' crutches we are wearing....

The job/career market is really tough.....Does your anxiety/depression effect any duties of the jobs you are applying for?

There are many kind people here on the forums....I hope you can post back:-)

My Kind thoughts

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hi Shazzydoll, what you have been through is far too much for anybody, so I understand that the conditions you have can well be justified, but by saying that it doesn't mean any comfort for you.
I am pleased that you have found someone who loves you, but this won't stop any of these conditions from happening, maybe it may lower the extent of how bad they occur, but they haven't gone away and that's what you want, so that you can get on with your life.
You may feel that the jobs you are applying for know of what has happened to you, so then you could be blaming this for not getting any response to your resumes, I realise this, but the jobs you apply for maybe in desperation and not what you are experienced in, and I mean no harm by saying that, but the market is full of people applying for one job.
What I would do is go to an employment agency where they will single out jobs that would suit you, but can I suggest that maybe a part time job maybe your best choice to start off with so that you can settle down, bnecause remember you have a lot to cope with.
I am concerned about your SVT and wonder if the doctors have been able to stabilise your heart beat, plus I hope that you are able to see a psychologist which you can do when your doctor puts you on a 'mental health plan' where you are entitled to 10 free sessions to see a psych.
I really hope that we can hear back from you. Geoff. x