FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My Situation, work and stuff

JimmyC
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I'm currently experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression on my work situation. I have gone through so many jobs and nothing has stuck for me or appealed long term. I have either been let off or resigned. I'm confused about what I want to do and am currently unemployed with no income. I had a couple of jobs in the past which have lasted for over 10 and 3 years, I however grew sick of these roles and felt like I never had the opportunity to progress anywhere. My passion has been in printing and design but have never been able to pursue this as I have made wrong career choices in the past that have steered me in a direction that I don't want to go down (blue collar labouring). I wanted a job in digital design or IT which is what I studied in the past but whenever I apply for these roles I'm considered to be inexperienced, which has frustrated me to the point of wanting to give up. I don't want to give up but am finding it hard to stay positive and optimistic on my future endeavors given whats happened to me in the past. I feel completely lost and this has been negatively effecting my personal life, unable to get a girlfriend, move out of my parents house, save enough money for a place of my own etc. It's pushing me to engage in destructive behaviour. I realise that this will get me nowhere but I believe that I need an outlet for my frustration. I play sport and exercise frequently so that helps. I'm currently 29 years old nearly 30 in January. I have friends but most I never hang out with on the weekends and only chat online once every so often. Have my own car so thats handy for getting to places. I have three job prospects on the horizon yet to hear back on. I really want to change my life around and experience what I've missed out on. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jimmy, thanks for your comment and it appears from you've told us that you're a man on a mission and applying for jobs and considered 'too inexperienced', doesn't mean that still want to learn, so copy and paste this 'want to learn a trade and get government assistance aus', something like this may encourage a company to take you on and get assistance for doing so.

Try not to do any destructive behaviour because this may go against you, use your energy in sport and remember that everything can't happen all at once and all the good things in life just seem to happen by chance and maybe it might happen 'in threes', in other words, when something goes right, then two other positives happen.

I know it must be frustrating for you and with the present situation and these lockdowns, although they're easing, it has been difficult so you shouldn't be blaming yourself.

Take care.

Geoff.