FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling pretty overwhelmed

Jo_5
Community Member

Hi everyone,
I’ve never done this before but I’m really having a super hard time and I don’t know what to do. It’s been one thing after another for a while now and living in Vic with COVID lockdown hasnt helped the stress. Just this weekend I lost one of my closet family members suddenly. I’m so shocked snd heartbroken. I couldn’t see him because of restrictions on travel. Then 48 hours later my best friend passed away and I also haven’t been able to travel to see her in Sydney. These were two of my life’s most favourite people. I feel like I’m made of lead and can’t be bothered to do anything. I can’t sleep, I don’t want to eat. I’m usually a very friendly and happy and motivated person but this has really taken it out of me. Nothing feels good anymore. I’m just so flat.
Sorry to be such a downer, I hate to be like this.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Dear Jo_5,
Firstly welcome the Beyond Blue forums. We sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time and of your recent losses. The community is here to help and support you through this time. In addition, if you need extra support, you can always feel free to call the Beyond blue Line on 1300 130 052
Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jo, and a warm welcome to the forums, and my sincere condolences for the loss of your family member and a close friend, no tie is ever a pleasant time to lose someone you dearly love, especially when restrictions are in force, I am really sorry.

Something like what you've been through would certainly shake you and undoubtedly make you feel numb and why you have lost any feeling, this must be horrible and you have my sympathy.

Can I ask you if you have been able to contact a counsellor or a grief psychologist through your doctor and know that to do this takes enormous courage and truly hope that talking with us will bring a little ray of hope for you.

My best wishes.

Geoff.

Positive_vibes89
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Oh Jo, this is so sad. Very sorry for your loss of two special people in your life. Your experiencing grief right now and that a really hard emotion to process, I can understand why you cannot sleep or eat. But do please try, if you don't give yourself some self care you could get a low immune system and become unwell. Griveing is very exhausting and without sleep you will feel so burnt out and unable to function. If you just try to eat and drink a little but that is a good start.

I recently lost my grandmother and could not visit her because of nursing home lockdowns. I couldnt go to her furneral either, it was online. I hadnt seen or spoken to her since feburary. Its so sad that we all have been depreived of family and friend contact for so long. I had to say goodbye to her online, never thought that it would be how it would end up.

There are some support from the national grief line that you can call for free 1300 845 745 , you may benefit from talking to a councillor about the sadness you are feeling. Again I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and payers are with you during this tough time.