FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

lonely

Standford
Community Member
Feeling weak n lonely tday .Have been living a lie and its eating me away
8 Replies 8

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Stanford,

Welcome to the community here at Beyond Blue. This is a safe place to share how you are feeling and why, letting go of as much or as little information as you want or need to.

Sounds like you are in a tough place right now.

If you need immediate help, then please phone one of the help lines. You could call LifeLine or the Beyond Blue number on 1300 22 4636. People answering the phones will listen to you and offer advice.

Overt he years I have learnt that regrets, lies and grief over past mistakes can eat me up inside. I have learnt to accept the mistakes I have made and to forgive myself.

This is not at all easy to do, especially on days when I feel so depressed and like you mentioned, lonely as well.

Would it help you to find a counsellor whom you can talk to?

Do you have a close friend you can share your burden with?

Would it help for you to write down why you are feeling this way? Once you have done that, you could write down ways you can put your past to rest or try to fix issues if that is possible.

I've made some huge mistakes in the past. I have today to make a difference and tomorrow as well.

We can not change our actions from the past, we can change how we think about them and what we are going to do right now to ensure we don't do those things again.

There is always hope, even if there is just a small glimmer and it is difficult to find, it is there.

Cheers for now from Mrs. Dools

I would love to talk to someone about what i have done

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Standford,

Mrs Dools has suggested some of the best people who could talk to you about what you've done which makes it feel like you've been living a lie. Counsellors and the support lines have been trained to assist in this way.

That said, if you feel uncomfortable seeing or talking to someone right now, you can write down what you want to say whether here or on paper. We're not judgemental here and we'll listen to your story with an open and understanding mind.

Sharing your story here has given me confidence before to share it with professionals as well, so I hope we can help give you that same comfort and confidence as well.

Of course, it is entirely your choice what you want to share and what you feel is too private. I just want to give you comfort that we're here for you and I think it's great that you recognise the value in talking to people about your troubles.

James

Demi1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Stanford 🙂 It is lovely to meet you.

I am sorry to hear you are feeling lonely 😞 I want you to know that despite only joining this lovely group that is BB Voices last night, I am planning on being an extremely active member. I will do my absolute best to check in a few times a day and would love nothing more than to be here for you in any way I can. I am not a Psychologist/Counsellor by any means; but I have been through my fair share of difficult/isolating times.

I just want you to know that by no means are you 'weak.' The mere fact that you are still here, and are pushing through the abundance of emotions you may be experiences; and are able to still find the courage to share with us is one of the strongest things I have ever seen, and although I do not know you; I know I am so proud and in awe by your strength!

If you wish to share/chat/ vent I am here to listen 🙂

Pleasure meeting you Stanford,

Warm Regards,

Demi

Standford
Community Member
Thank you kindly

hi Standford, thanks for coming to the site and posting your comment, which must be annoying that you aren't able to talk to anybody.
I don't need to reiterate what any of our lovely friends have said, but when there is something that you really want to talk about and have the trust in us, then that's important for you to understand because we can help you.
We hope that by sharing a part of your concern will enable us to help you, this site is anonymous and no one knows who you are, so we hope that we do hear back from you. Geoff.

Demi1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I hope today is a better day 🙂

Hi Stanford,

We can not erase the things we have done in our past. We can not go back in time and change them.

We can try to say "Sorry" and "Forgive" ourselves and others.

Sometimes I find I need to work on me more than anyone else. Forgiving myself is not always easy, but when you can achieve that, life becomes a lot easier!

Cheers for now from Mrs. Dools