FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm new

Corr
Community Member

Hi, I just joined and I'm not sure if this is for me but I thought I would give it a go. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and I've gone through a break up of a long term relationship recently. I've found I don't really have much support beyond my immediate family and I'm struggling with loneliness as well as finding ways to cope with my anxiety so I can meet new people and try to build a support network of sorts.

Thanks for having me!

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Dear Corr

Welcome to this helpful and supportive community.

We are sorry to hear about the loss of your relationship and the impact of this on your anxiety; please give yourself the time you need and take care of you; there are a few strategies that may also help in terms of managing your anxiety and I have included the link below:

Anxiety Management Strategies

In addition to posting in the forums, we also invite you to call or chat to one of our trained mental health professionals who will also be able to listen and offer care; it’s completely confidential and available 24/7:

To call us, contact 1300 22 4636
To use webchat, Click Here 

Thank you again for joining this community, we hope that you can join other conversations that resonate with you and read about other users and their journey to better mental health.

Regards

Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Corr, welcome to the site.

It's not easy coming to a forum and opening up to people you don't know, but sometimes this is exactly what you want and hope this is for you, because telling family can sometimes have an adverse effect, especially after having a long term relationship.

To try and maintain a close nit friendship with your existing friends can be difficult because you aren't sure who they are supporting, so feeling lonely can be a result of this.

We want you to feel as though you have made many friends on this site, whereas some people will reply back to you, while others just read all the comments, but feel aligned with you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Corr,

I am sorry you have been going through it, breakups are never easy. Take the time you need to heal, the support network will come in time.

I hope you find the forums helpful and beneficial in managing your anxiety and this difficult time you are experiencing.

Love

Jaz xx

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Corr,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss of relationship. When you say you don't really have much support, do you like to give a bit more explanation? Have you shared your feeling with your family and what's their reaction?

It's totally understandable that you're struggling with loneliness after a break up of a long term relationship. As it's hard to establish new connections to new people in a short period, you can start with improving your physical health. For example, eat healthy food, have quality sleeps, have regular exercises, spend more time in nature, etc. Your physical health will have positive impact to your emotion.

Then you can focus on your job and hobbits, enjoying your daily work and spend more time in your hobbits including joining relative clubs will help you expand social connections at the same time.