FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm new and I'm fueled by despair and fear

Modest_narcissist
Community Member

Hey everyone, 

I'm new here. I struggle with self esteem, anxiety and a little bit of depression. 

Recently I've cut off my friendship circle to partly escape bad habits of drugs and alcohol and partly because of long term insecurities that have finally consumed me. 

I'm highly self concious and judgemental. I'm regretful, unhappy and alone. I am working towards change but almost every aspect of my life is at 0. 

I truly want to give up. Curl in a ball and hide from the world.

But I'm here to attempt to get through it all and be a part of the community. I look forward to it. 

Cheers,

Modest

1 Reply 1

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hello Modest

Wow, I can really relate to you, when you said you want to curl up in a ball and hide from the world. Well I have felt that, so so many times, I couldn't even count it. For me it feels so safe in a ball curled up. And literally I do hide. So you are not alone in that feeling.

I am also self conscious too, along with feeling awkward, like you don't know how to hold your body, almost stiff like. It's awful.

It's great you are trying to help yourself. I know what it is like to want to give up too, just to find relief  from everything.

Have you looked around here yet on these forums and on the website yet? I have been here for two weeks, and still haven't looked all around. I think this website is pretty big with a lot of information. And the people are all friendly. And most seem to understand. Well maybe I will see you on another forum.

With hugs xxx

Shelley anne