FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello, thanks for being here.

Saft1980
Community Member

Hello, 

My name is Jesse. This is the first time I have ever been on one of these sites. I'm not one who usually talks about my problems with anyone. I tend to keep it all to myself which I know is the problem. I guess I am torn between letting people know how I am feeling and not wanting to be someone who complains to people. I just don't want people to think that I am less than or not strong enough to handle life. I know I shouldn't think this way and maybe i'm just here to work on that. 

There also a part of me that thinks if i talk about my problems that I will only amplify them and get stuck in a way of  thinking that makes me feel even worse off. I guess I can only try.

Jesse.

2 Replies 2

Guest_5218
Community Member
Hi Jesse, I understand how you feel.  I joined this site a few days ago for much the same reasons as you have done.  I have always kept things to myself and have never been able to talk to anyone about issues or how I feel.   I guess I dont want to burden anybody else with my problems and, that aside, I am also an extremely private person.  My psychologist (I am being treated for PTSD) tells me I need to talk about myself and my issues in order to heal.  The general concensus by the experts is that talking about your problems does help, rather than amplify them.  Maybe there is something about the old adage of "a problem shared is a problem halved"? Lets hope these forums help us both!!!!  I wish you well in your endeavors. xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Jesse, please don't ever think that you are complaining just because you're not feeling well.

When you talk about the problems you are facing and causing you to have great concern then it needs to talked about with people who have been through exactly the same as what you are struggling with, and here that's exactly what other people have been through themselves, and a person with depression doesn't amplify their problems, it's hard enough for them to even communicate with anyone.

I know that you maybe scared talking here for the first time, but please I hope that you can trust us and allow us to listen to what you want to say.

We will only reply back and discuss any issues , suggest what you could do or perhaps what we have experienced ourselves, so please don't be afraid. Geoff.