FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introduction

Morph
Community Member

Hello.

I'm an Aussie who is currently living overseas with my family but will be returning home after my project is complete (yes I still have a house in Oz so didn't tell any porkies about my postcode!). 

So why am I here?  Interestingly I recently took part in a workplace workshop run by an external provider on how to identify and assist people with anxiety and depression.  The focus wasn't on giving advice, but just support, being there for a fellow worker who maybe you knew, or didn't.  During the workshop when discussing signs and symptoms, I realised that it was me, I has all the classic signs of depression that was being talked about.

So here I am, looking for answers, support, a way out, a way back to being the person who I was once.

I am quite soft in nature and always out to please others, with very low self esteem.  Unfortunately I'm in a relationship that is spiralling down out of control rapidly and I feel trapped and very down.  Alone.  Sad.

All the very best to you all and maybe we will meet again in the various forums.  Morph.

2 Replies 2

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello from home, Morph!

Welcome to Beyond Blue forums. It must be a bit confusing and confronting to do a work activity and realise that the description fits you. I guess the best way forward is to tell us a bit more about how you feel, how often you feel like you do and what works to keep you your usual self.

Your relationship situation sounds like it's making things worse - do you feel like describing what's happening there too?

On the Beyond Blue website there are some great resources about depression there's even a test to determine how depressed you might feel at the time you take the test. I recommend you have a look around.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care.

Paul

Morph
Community Member

Hell Paul,

Thanks for your advice.  It was a bit surreal during the training session I must admit and I had this slight feeling "Is everyone looking at me?".   But it was a good training session (I won't call it a course) and the facilitator was fantastic, a former psychologist from Australia who does this kind of thing for a living.

I have been looking through the different posts and am finding some very good information.  On the good side, I have sat down with my wife to go through a few things as we are both suffering.  Hopingto work some things out so that we both in a better space.

Best regards, Morph.