FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

i am not sure if i am doing this right

Ellie65
Community Member

i am new to the community and i just wanted to introduce myself

4 Replies 4

Ladyhawke
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ellie65,

​A warm welcome to the beyondblue community. I've been a member since October 2015 and was drawn to beyondblue because I wanted to connect with others who had similar issues to my own.

I have a long history of anxiety and depression for which I have been receiving treatment for the last 20 years. I was also diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder last year, which came as a bit of a shock.

I've found the forums to be extremely helpful in communicating with others who have experienced or are experiencing similar mental health issues. It's quite comforting to know that there are many others living with similar experiences to your own.

This is a very caring community of people who have all experienced the difficulties associated with mental health issues and are always willing to offer advice or kind words when you need them.

Again, welcome.

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hello Ellie

I am not sure if you are doing it right either. But I wanted to give you friendly hug and say hello to you anyway.  I noticed you posted a kind hello to another new person. Maybe you could just look around and read some of the stuff other people write. That is sort of what I did, I think. Or you could write another post here. 

Anyway I hope you are OK, and I am sending you some love.

Hugs

Shelley xx

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ellie

Welcome to Beyond Blue. There is no right or wrong way here. You have introduced yourself and that is great. I echo all that Ladyhawke has said. We are all broken here and want to help each other heal and grow. Join in any thread that appeals to you, explore the site and the huge amount of information available. If you need emergency help you can phone the BB helpline 1300 22 4636 which is available 24/7.

Mary

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I just want to say hi too Ellie, and welcome. Please join in wherever you wish or start your own thread. Tell us a bit about yourself, there's loads of people here from all walks of life. You're among friends.

Kaz