FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do I delete a post?

chelseajc
Community Member

I would like to remove a post I made last night. How do I do this?

6 Replies 6

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi chelseajc,

You can use the report post function to alert us to the content and we will contact you from there.

Neil_1
Community Member

Ahh, well that answers the question for "Where did Chelsea's post go?"

I was just about to insert my reply to it, and couldn't find it anywhere.

If you're still here Chelsea, I hope things are going ok for you.

Neil

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Christopher,

Further to this, is there a way to remove a thread from the "my posts" page? I find that some people threads become inactive, I suppose because they stop using our site or the particular thread they commenced, but the thread stays there and the list grows.

Kind regards,

John.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi John,

The "My posts" tab functions as an archive of all threads you have contributed to - it's a bit like a subscription list. For example, when I check my "My posts" tab this thread has been bumped to the top again because of your reply above. 

Threads you have started or have contributed to will continue to stay at the top of your tab as long as they are being contributed to by others. Does that make sense?

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chris,

Yes, it does. But what of the posts that have been inactive for months? Do they eventually drop off?

Regards, John.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
If no-one contributes further to a thread you have composed/replied to, it will go further and further down your list, but it won't disappear completely.