FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi there

chef_michael
Community Member
Hi everyone am 38 years old and male and chef by profession. Currently suffering from depression and anxiety but latley more depression and it's affecting my life in a big way thought I would try and get out of my shell and talk to other people who might be going through the same thing
2 Replies 2

Soberlicious96
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Beyond Blue, and well done for reaching out.

You have certainly come to the right place for finding others to connect with, who know what it's like to battle depression and anxiety.

It can feel like such a lonely place when you are in the throes of depression, but here on Beyond Blue, you are not alone. I too battled depression, anxiety and PTSD for most of my life, and even though I am now doing heaps better, I still remember what it's like.

Anyway, I do hope that you find at least some of the support and understanding here that you are seeking.

Take care, and keep 'coming back here' for as much or as little as you like. The BB 'room' is always open! xo

Nicole73
Community Member

Hi Michael,

This is my very first ever post as I'm a newbie, but see you are too. Just wanted to pop by and say 'Hi' and I think you are doing great to reach out for support. I've always suffered with anxiety and have recently moved towns (back to where I grew up from), but the move has hit me harder than I ever expected it would. I have had a little look around this site and this seems like a very good place for support from others. Unfortunately I don't have any advice to provide, but I want you to know that you are not alone and I wish you all the best.

Take care,

Nicole.