FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi all

Tarshy
Community Member
Hi, just a thread to introduce, I am new here and am a long time sufferer of PTSD, anxiety and depression, I am still functioning relatively normal, however when I am alone that’s when things get hard.
9 Replies 9

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome Tarshy to the forum,

I am glad you can function relatively normal, and wonder what strategies you have used.

I understand that being alone can be hard and I found writing and reading me when I was alone and overthinking.

There are threads here that you may like to browse or write topics you are interested in, into the search engine on right hand top of page.

If you would like to discuss more feel free to post here .

Quirky

Hi Quirky,

thanks for replying, my job carries a lot of responsibility which in a strange way helps, I also relax by watching comedies and candle making.

i am also now seeing a psychiatrist, on anti anxiety pills (small dose). Music is a big part of my life as well. What about you?

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Tarshy

I'd like to welcome you along with Quirky. It's really great you've found your way here. I know the affects of PTSD, anxiety and depression. I too find it is really hard to function, especially when I'm feeling so alone. Being here - you're not alone Tarshy. I too have PTSD and it makes it really hard reaching out to others. Though, you've done that. You are here, reaching out. That's so good.

Jobs are demanding and it's really good you find comedies and candle making an outlet. That's awesome. Photography is my outlet. Along with talking with someone, especially a health professional experienced with PTSD. Do you have anyone you can talk to, e.g. trusted family member, close friend or health professional?

Feel free to browse and to join discussions if you want to Tarshy. No pressure, only if you want to.

Kind regards

PamelaR

Tarshy
Community Member

Hi Pamela,

thank you so much for the reply. Reaching out is hard, but I do find it can be rewarding.

I am an instructor at my job so i am helping others get qualified which is such a great feeling when I have helped, I think that is what helps me. While I don’t talk to many people about things, I do have my first psych session on Monday 16th so hopefully that is a good road to go down.

i love photography, I haven’t got a great camera but it is pretty good. The picture on my profile is mine.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tarshy

Thanks for your replies

I like your Photograph on your profile. I am more of a words person than a visual but I admire people who appreciate art , music and photography.

An appointment with psych is a good start mad if you want you could make a few notes. I sometimes get to an Appointment then forget what I wanted to stay but if I have a few notes with me I feel more confident. just a suggestion .

Helping other people does make us feel better that we are doing something worthwhile .

Your work as an instructor does sound rewarding.

Thanks for reaching out here and telling us about yourself.

Quirky

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Tarshy

Great to see you've come back. Love your profile pic of the wedgie! What an awesome capture.

Not talking with others is something I've struggled with all my life. I still don't really. I'm pleased to hear you are seeing a psych and that may help you to unload a little.

The work you do sounds demanding but it's good you are able to get a sense of achievement and motivation from it. That's always such a positive. Maybe the positive face you put on all day needs a break when you are alone and it's your time to let yourself feel what is happening to you. This is all good. That's how I survived my working life.

Wonderful to have you hear. It is a safe place I've found to express myself.

Kind regards

PamelaR

Tarshy
Community Member

Thank you both, it is amazing to meet people who understand.

yes my job is challenging but that’s half the reward too

Hey guys I'm new here and trying to start my own forum and unsure on how to. If someone can help me out, It would be much appreciated 🙂

Hi Fourtwozerox

welcome to the forum. I am glad you have joined as this is a friendly and supportive place.

below is how to start your own thread.

How do I start a new thread?

At the top of each section is a blue "new thread" button. Clicking on this will open a dialog box for you to start a new thread.

You can start new threads in any section, except for the Long Term Support Over The Journey section, where the new thread button has been disabled.

On the top of each page there are red boxes that have useful information about writing on the forum.

Quirky