FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Here goes...

Guy_Incognito
Community Member

I have joined these forums to see if I can one, find a way of dealing with the completely messed up emotional and mental baggage that I am carrying, uphill, up an Everest equivalent figurative mountain. Two, to give people help using the advice and experiences that I have had over the years. Three, to be that 'shoulder' when people need it.

Thank you.

M.

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Feel free look around the different sections of the forums including the social zone. Everyone here is supportive and non-judgemental.

When you mentioned the mountain, it reminded me of something I carry around ... my mountain has a undefined height. By itself it allows me to cope with what i see as shifting goal posts. As for the story/quote I carry, it goes like this ...

sometimes when travelling up the mountain, I have to go down into a valley. When I go down into the valley it can be used to find another better (?) path to the top. And being a valley, there is also a point when I will start to go up again. (And for my mind, the time of being down is temporary and will pass.)

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Guy, welcome to the site, and to answer your first question is whether or not you are still in a position when you first started feeling this way, or if you have been able to alleviate any of these problems and there are several ways to be able to do this.

We know what it's like to push a wheelbarrow full of concrete uphill, especially Mt. Everest.

Secondly, everyone's experience is always so helpful to those who are struggling with similar or close to the same as what you have had to go through, and we feel sorry for what you've had to suffer from, but your own experience and knowledge would be very helpful.

Another shoulder is always lovely to have and thank you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.