FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hi all.

newbie here. I decided to join because I just simply need help. I’ve never been good at asking for help or admitting when I need it but it’s to the point that I’m now struggling. I have severe anxiety, severe depression, ptsd and post natal depression. Lately everything has just creeped up on me and I’m feeling so confused and overwhelmed over it all.

Does anyone have any advice to jus start to cope or how to handle all these? I have a daughter and I feel guilty that I have depression like I feel I should be happy all the time. I just need help 😞

55 Replies 55

Jasjit
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Chipmunk,

Welcome to Beyond Blue online forums. First of all, wishing you a groundbreaking happy new year for 2021!! And also, hopefully, you are keeping safe and healthy from COVID-19.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I really appreciate it. Firstly, I would like to commend you on being brave enough to share your story online because not everyone has the courage to do so. Well done on that!

To be honest, I am not a professional (though I am studying psychology - in my 4th year and going for further study to become a clinical psychologist), I will try my best to advise you on happiness especially.

I completely understand that you want to be happy all the time so it does not impact your daughter. Being happy all the time does not seem realistic. I mean I have also tried this! I tried this even consciously. But it does not help at all. So what I have learned about happiness is:

Happiness is about seeing the difference between your thoughts and emotions. Then saying it is just a thought created by my mind. Let it pass. Just like how cars pass and go. What the problem is we start clinging to a thought which leads to emotions.

I hope I was a help to you. Even a little bit.

Also, I have just seen your recent posts - Well done!!! You are slowly opening up about your feelings! Good on you, and especially writing it down - helps a lot!

Thanks.

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Chipmunk,

Just checking in to see how you are going? I'm really glad that you feel welcome and supported on the forums - we are here for you. I hope your week has been okay so far.

Take care.

Hi Chipmunk

No worries, we can do some brainstorming if you like. What are some barriers that block you from accessing further help? You mentioned fearing a meltdown if you talk more, which is very understandable. What are some other things? Once we list a few key barriers we can come up with some general ways to approach them.

Tay100

Hey Chipmunk, sorry I just saw your reply to me. I haven't had much energy to reply to anybody.

Yes definitely, we're all here for each other

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hey all.
Sorry for the not replying sooner, I’ve just been having a few crap days and just struggling with my head again, so I thought a couple of days would be good to try and get better.

how is everyone doing?

Hey Chipmunk, no need to apologise. We all need some time to ourselves whether it's on or off the forums, or whatever. I hope you're alright. We're still here for you

Thankyou.
Im trying to be okay, it makes it hard when I feel the world is against me so much.

I would like a day where I’m not made to feel like shit, is that so hard to ask for just one day. I’m trying to get my life back but it’s one hurdle after another I don’t know how many more hurdles I can jump.

Hi Chipmunk

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a few 'hurdles' to jump over these past few days. It can make reaching out harder so we appreciate the effort you put in. You can, of course, take all the time you need and go at your own pace with replying and seeking help. Let us know if you still up for brainstorming solutions to the barriers to accessing services that might help you- it's up to you.

Tay100

I'm sorry to hear that Chipmunk. I'm sorry I didn't reply straight away either, I just saw your reply and I've been dealing with my own things. But I still care.

You're not made to feel like shit here, and you won't be. I'm sorry people are making you feel that way. You're not shit.

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Chipmunk,

I am really sorry to hear things are still feeling so difficult, and that you are made to feel like shit. We are here for you, I know it is not the same as having someone physically there, but we see you and we hear you. If you feel up to it, we would be happy to try to help you plan to get past those hurdles as Tay100 mentioned - but this is completely up to you and how you are feeling and what you do and don't want to share. I hope this week is better for you.

Take care Chipmunk.