FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hi all.

newbie here. I decided to join because I just simply need help. I’ve never been good at asking for help or admitting when I need it but it’s to the point that I’m now struggling. I have severe anxiety, severe depression, ptsd and post natal depression. Lately everything has just creeped up on me and I’m feeling so confused and overwhelmed over it all.

Does anyone have any advice to jus start to cope or how to handle all these? I have a daughter and I feel guilty that I have depression like I feel I should be happy all the time. I just need help 😞

55 Replies 55

Chipmunk
Community Member

Thankyou. I will definitely get on to them.
I just want my friends to maybe try to realise that I’m not okay that I just put on a brave face (I’ve dropped lots of hints) as stated never been good at showing emotions.

I constantly feel like a burden, like because I’m not social like all my friends and they just assume. It’s hard. I also feel constantly dirty like no matter how many times I shower or that I feel gross.

I have a very supportive partner, he’s been amazing through all of this. I’m surprised he’s stuck by me to be honest. I guess sometimes I’m scared to be alone with my thoughts, I don’t sleep much anymore I just can’t shake this feeling

Hey Chipmunk.

You're not a burden, although I can 100% relate to how you feel there. I'm here for you. I'm glad you have a supportive partner though. I hope coming on here helps you.

Hey Mb20lover.

how do I stop thinking I am? How can I get through one day of the week without completely wanting to breakdown? I’m tired and exhausted I feel like I only hang on for my daughter sometimes. I just want to feel happy again.

Hi Chipmunk

Thankyou for sharing your story some more- that takes bravery, so we really appreciate it. It helps us help you- and it seems there has been some great dialogue and ideas exchanged already. Do seeking any of these services seem appealing to you? Are there any barriers that we can help you overcome in accessing these services? Let us know and we can brainstorm, a bit if you like.

Tay100

I know how you feel Chipmunk, I really do, apart from the Daughter because I'm only 21 & don't have kids, never had a relationship anyway.

I guess maybe just try and tell yourself you're worthy of love, kindness, care, and all good in the world, and that it's ok to struggle?

It's funny, I can try and tell people that but I can never take that advice myself.

Chipmunk
Community Member

Thankyou Tay100.
some of them definitely do look appealing, I guess I’m just scared to start talking about it more because I’m afraid I’ll just have a melt down. I know I need to open up and talk to someone but this it took everything I had to write here. I would love to brainstorm ideas to overcome it. I’m tired of keeping it bottled up and letting it destroy me.

Mb20lover, I know what you mean, like I have people come to me for advice and I tell them the same thing but I need to practice what I preach. I think it’s easier saying instead of doing. I wouldn’t change my daughter for the world, she’s my life one of not the only reason I continue on day after day.

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I know you cannot see it, but you are not a burden. You have been through and are going through a lot. I know this is easier said than done, but maybe it is helpful to imagine how you would view someone who was in your position, how you would speak to them and whether you would view them as a burden. You deserve kindness, support and patience. It sounds like your partner and your daughter are big strengths for you, I am really glad that you have them to be with.

It sounds like it took a lot of courage and strength to write on here, I'm sorry you struggle so much to seek help, it must feel so awful. But bottling it up will destroy you (as you mentioned above). Maybe trying one of the online chats (Lifeline and Blue Knot both have web chats) might be an option first before trying a phoneline. But please also know that these phone lines are confidential, it is okay if you cry or break down, they are trained to help you and they will be there for you. Does continuing as you are right now feel more or less frightening than reaching out for help? Could writing down what you might want to say help in talking online or over the phone with a support service? Could you practice talking aloud what you might say before calling? Sorry for all the questions, you obviously don't have to answer them, it is more just trying to help brainstorm.

Take care Chipmunk. We're here for you.

Hey Sunnyl20.

right now I feel better writing in here, I know that someone is listening to me and I’m not being judged, I feel relieved someone understands these emotions these feelings I’m going through. I am going to get confidence or strength to talk to someone else.

im exhausted of feeling the way I do, I wanna somehow go back to the happy person I once was. Then again that may never happen because that would be before I turned 7

I understand Chipmunk, I love your username also. I always feel like a burden, even to professionals. I've even been told by a so called "professional" that I am one, sigh. Of course I complained.

Yes these forums can be very beneficial & therapeutic

That’s part of the reason I don’t like seeing them because I don’t know if they are judging me, and Thankyou, I’ve been told I remind people of a chipmunk.

I feel like I can express what I’m feeling and I know you all have my back with it all.

Thankyou all for making me feel so welcoming it’s a relief to be able to try and discuss my emotions somewhere I know I’m accepted