FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hi all.

newbie here. I decided to join because I just simply need help. I’ve never been good at asking for help or admitting when I need it but it’s to the point that I’m now struggling. I have severe anxiety, severe depression, ptsd and post natal depression. Lately everything has just creeped up on me and I’m feeling so confused and overwhelmed over it all.

Does anyone have any advice to jus start to cope or how to handle all these? I have a daughter and I feel guilty that I have depression like I feel I should be happy all the time. I just need help 😞

55 Replies 55

Chipmunk
Community Member

Thankyou all for being so patient with me. I’ve just needed time to sort my head out more.
I’m doing better I’ve had better days recently still feel depressed but getting there.
please if we can still brainstorm ideas I really think it would help me. I just want to be my happy self again.
my daughter has been my saviour lately, she’s come up to me when I’ve been so down and just a simple I love you mum you’re my best friend, that’s what gets me through the day.

Does anyone ever fee 100% again after going through something so traumatic?

Also what’s on my mind is, when my case goes to court what if they let my dad off what if he gets to walk out of there? Would everything I’ve been through be for nothing? I’m scared, I’m scared I’m going to crumble and not be able to pick myself up. please help me

Hey Chipmunk, of course we're all here for you, respond when you're ready. We all understand.

I'm glad you have a nice Daughter to help you. I hope the court case goes well in your favour. I don't know much about courts I'm afraid.

Hi Chipmunk,

It's great to hear that you'd like to brainstorm- hopefully, we can get you addressing some accessibility barriers as soon as possible to help you deal with everything you have going on right now.

If you could give us a list of some key things that you feel prevents you from accessing mental health help- we can then point you in the direction of some resources, continue to provide peer support and help you make the most of you support networks, like your daughter. She sounds like a great source of strength. As previously mentioned by other great posters, take your time too.

Tay100

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chipmunk,

It is great to hear that you have been having better days recently - I am so glad. It sounds like your daughter is such a positive in your life and that spending time with her and planning activities to do together will help you to keep your head above the water. Sorry just to clarify, in terms of brainstorming ideas, do you mean in relation to feeling better in yourself and/or accessing help or something else?

I cannot imagine how frightening and painful the prospect of going to court must be for you, it is understandable that that would be on your mind a lot. I think it is so important that you have a therapist, health professional or someone else who you can trust to help you navigate the complexities and problems that arise and to support you through the process. I am really sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions and I don't want to say the wrong thing, but The Blue Knot Foundation does have some resources about going to court (https://www.blueknot.org.au/Survivors/Support/Resources-for-Survivors/Going-to-court) and contacting them may be an option to get further advice, support and information. They may also be able to help you with a referral to the appropriate services.

When you feel up to it, let us know how you are going and how we can help. Give yourself the time and space that you need. Be kind to yourself, and take care.

Chipmunk
Community Member

Hey guys.

Sorry its been a while, i went through a really down time lately, i feel like im trapped under all this weight again, i cant keep feeling this down. other than that im plodding along day by day. I guess brainstorm ideas to help myself feel better and accessing help. i cannot keep the happiness going when i feel like my insides are tearing apart.

Im tired of being tired and exhausted..

Hi Chipmunk,

We're sorry to hear that you're feeling trapped and down lately. We understand how exhausting it can be. Please know that you're not alone and many of our community members have been through similar periods. On brainstorming ideas - is there anything that has helped you through difficult times in the past?

You mentioned that your doctor was closed over the holiday period; have they re-opened? It sounds like it would definitely be worth getting an appointment as soon as you're able to.

You might be interested in our page "Staying well" - https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/staying-well

Please remember that if you need support, you can always get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

It's great to see that you've made a lot of connections already on the forums, and that this has helped you to feel a bit less alone. We're glad that you reached out here tonight and we hope that our community is of some comfort to you in this difficult time.

Hey Chipmunk, lovely to hear from you again, I've been thinking of you.

It's all good that you were away from here for a bit, we all need a break and time to ourselves, whatever and however that may be.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, is there anything we can do?

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chipmunk

Taking a break is perfectly ok- have you been able to get in touch with your doctor?

We are here if you'd to brainstorm ways to improve your mood and access help, as you said, we are more than happy to do that.

Tay100

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Chipmunk,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been feeling so exhausted and stuck and having such a down time. It sounds like you are really struggling to get much relief. I really admire your strength to continue to push forward each day despite feeling like everything is pulling you down. In terms of accessing help, what feels possible and achievable for you right now? Is there someone (a GP, mental health professional, other clinician) who you have seen in the past that you would feel able to contact and/or make an appointment with? Did you have any more thoughts about contacting The Blue Knot and maybe getting some advice on the best way forward?

To help yourself feel a little better in the short term, it sounds like spending time with your daughter has helped in the past - keeping this up may just help to take the edge off your distress and keep some sense of hope alive. Maybe planning some things to do with her. Is there anyone else who you feel safe and comfortable with who you like spending time with? Has there been anything in the past that has helped you when you have felt this awful in the past?

I am really sorry things are still feeling so difficult right now. Please know that we are here for you. Take as much time as you need to process what is going on and don't feel any pressure to reply or respond - you can engage with the forums as much or as little as you want. Please be kind to yourself and take care.

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chipmunk,

Just thought I'd check-in and see how you were? It has been a while since we heard from you- please feel free to keep us updated or of course, you can also just read other posts on the forums that might resonate with you.