FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello 👋

Catiebrie
Community Member
Hi everyone!

First time posting. Just found this existed today so signed up.

My name is Katie, 32 and I am a sahm to 2 boys, my youngest starting school next week.

I have suffered anxiety since I was a teenager. It comes and goes. I suffer from it worst of all at home. Like today, I don't even want to think about venturing home after school pick up. As soon as I get home I'm straight inside and only go out if I need to. My husband works so it's me by myself at home. I do try to stay busy. Today having a massive anxiety attack, even as I write this and not knowing if I'm insane or over thinking. I know I'm safe and having nothing to fear, I can't change what I can't control, still freaking out.

I take medication and have for three years. I see my doctor every six months. And I speak to my friends and family during the day who know me and still love my craziness.

It's just all becoming a little too much. I own my house so I can't up and move though I'd love to.

That's my life in a nut shell. Massive introvert too.

Thank you for letting me vent. Hope I haven't scared anyone away!

2 Replies 2

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Catiebrie,

Good on you for bravely opening up here. It’s lovely to have you on board, but I do feel saddened by how you’re struggling so much...

Also, all good, no one has been “scared away”, so I hope that offers some gentle reassurance 🙂

I imagine maybe you feel conflicted feelings towards being at home?

As you are highly introverted, I would guess that home must be a safe haven of sorts, but at the same time, I also get a sense that you crave a little more freedom to venture out at least every now and then...

Your anxiety attack today sounds particularly rough. That must have been a very scary and stressful experience...

Is it okay if I ask how have you been doing since your anxiety attack today? Only answer if you want to of course...no rush or pressure to reply...

Thinking of you...

Kindness and care,

Pepper

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Katie i read your post and can understand anxiety and panic attacks as i to suffer from them and so does my 16 y.o daughter.I am a part time father of 2 children both with special needs.I really dont like going out and when i do for shopping i try and get back as quick as possible.I do enjoy gardening but lately have strggled to get outside.

I had to off my anxiety medication for other medical reasons but havent tried any new ones of yet.Was seeing how i would cope not being on any.I have seen a psychologist in the pass and have since moved and is to far to see her now.

I have been suffering from anxiety for most of my life.I am now 50.All my school life was very hard for me.

You are not alone and their is plenty of people in the same boat.

Take care,

Mark.