FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Happy hearts

happy_hearts
Community Member

Hi I'm new to beyond blue but not new to the conditions it represents. I was diagnosed with depression/anxiety a few years ago now. With the help of medication, a loving family and friends and a much happier home life I manage really well. For sure I have my low days but the good days certainly win.

Does any one out there find it difficult to talk to work mates or seniors of your work place. Or do you find its easier just to stay incognito...

3 Replies 3

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Happy Hearts, glad that you could make a first post. It's lovely when you know that in spite of the tough days, that the good days outnumber the bad.

With your workplace, when you say 'senior' do you mean managers or people older than you are?

With me, I like to think I can get on with all sorts. I find it difficult to go to work social functions though, so I usually avoid those.

Hi JessF,

I enjoy work functions and get along with all ages too. When I say seniors, I do mean senior staff, not age. I love my job, sometimes after a w'end or a few days off its a struggle to get going, but great once in the door.

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I think it's quite normal to feel awkward around senior staff, well, it is for me anyway. I try to keep my relationship as professional as possible, and if you find out what some of their interests are, the names of their children even, it always gives you some small talk you can use in the corridor.  Even just a simple 'how was your weekend' can be a good icebreaker.