FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Giving and Receiving Support with Difficult Days

Guest_05
Community Member
Hello--- like many here on the beyond blue forums, I too am among the millions who suffer from mental health. So just saying Hello.
37 Replies 37

Hello, I think it is inspirational that you think of your parents in a good lite. I dont know how to explain the BB forums , to me I think it is a lot of delayed conversations happening over time and they are public although anonymous, which is an oxymoron, but what in life is ever as it seems??

I think your posts are interesting so just write whenever and about whatever SUITS YOU, hope you are well.

Thank you Sophi M for the information which I've read and re read numerous times. Perhaps it's me not understanding things especially when it comes to the digital world. I do know about the dangers of chat rooms that's why I seem to be so hesitant to disclose my true MH issues. Thank you again with kind regards - Malaika

Hello Amberlite . How would you define the word oxymoron?

I have to say that I do agree what written about delayed conversations over time. Am fully aware of being on a public domain even though everyone anonymous which is a good thing, however, I'm still cautious being on a public chat room of whatever the topic may be. People aren't always what they appear to be even on the forums so being cautious is a protection in a sense. Perhaps life experiences and doing a voluntary work for over 50 years has taught me well.

Now, I'm not being judgmental

. Just stating a fact.

Hello to all and I think on line and in real life people are often not what they seem, we are all complex. I think it is important to detach from having an impression about others.

Hello All. Thankyou for answering my posts that I truly appreciate. All excellent ideas shared among each other, in turn we help ourselves. The last few days I've been rather down with very little "get up and go", left inside me. Last week I've had to push my self very hard to get much need important things done. Being pushed for time to do some very urgent necessary things my anxiety /depression is starting to spiraling again. I'm not much of encouragement to anyone and absolutely nothing left to give of myself to others including here on the beyond blue forums. Just staying the Stay Well Section. That's all I can manage at present. Thank.you. Regards.

Hello All on BB Forims. I sent a post earlier. somehow it didn't go through. I didn't write anything wrong nor disobeyed the community rules. With kind regards

Boudica
Community Member

Hello, how are you feeling today,

I have had a post not go through before, but I think it was just a glitch as I had the screen sitting open so long before I wrote it. Sometimes things just go wrong.

I can relate to the spiralling down. I guess that is why I joined here, as I could feel the familiar pull, and I want to fight it. Like you, I'm doing all I can by trying to stay positive and focus on staying well strategies. Trying to focus on the small things that can bring light into my day, and keep myself steady, some days I fail, some days I win. Wishing you well on your journey.

Guest_05
Community Member
Thank you for your optimistic kind words. With kind regards.