FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Giving and Receiving Support with Difficult Days

Guest_05
Community Member
Hello--- like many here on the beyond blue forums, I too am among the millions who suffer from mental health. So just saying Hello.
37 Replies 37

Hello grandy. Nice meeting you too. I had read a several of your posts on other threads. You have a very kind nice disposition of expressing yourself to make others feel so cimfortable. I can't seem to open up to anyone of how I truly feel due to severe past hurts throughout my life. Some have been resolved, most haven't as the other parties refuse to make any type of reconciliation. I have so much fear within myself and at a standstill going nowhere thank you for caring with kind regards.

Guest_4643
Community Member

hello there malaika, welcome. i love your profile picture.

i hope you enjoy the forums and can find some support for yourself.

Thank you mb for your lovely words and likewise too hope you'll receive the same. With kind regards

thank you, i hope you enjoy your time here. i'm usually around often if you'd like to chat here or any thread (no pressure to though).

Darls, there is only- PRO'S- with the people, in these forums getting you, more than the general population does, simply that and nothing more. See we do get you and we will not turn away , our understanding love will always have us, gravitate towards you.

Good afternoon amberlite. Thank you for your input I'll put it in the back burner for a while before I disclose more of myself. I've noticed here on the beyond blue forums there are all age groups of people combined. Before joining up I was rather hesitant until I saw a section for older ones. I got the impression the way beyond blue advertised it there were different segments, only to find out that's not the case. I know from my experience in life dealing with all sorts of people from all walks of life, of all age groups there's still so much we all can learn from each other regardless of age difference. There's only so much I can take up on board of helping others at present and that's not being selfish. It's being balanced. As matchy, others too, had suggested in welcoming me to the forums, it was explained in such easy to understand manner I can write as much I or as little I wish. No obligation. it was also suggested perhaps to join onto other threads which I have already do so. Since I've limitations of much I can give of myself, I decided to keep it simple, light hearted until I regain that inner strength once again before I can to go into the deeper tropics in helping others. There are some very sad situations here on the beyond blue forums and many have helped each other in remarkable ways. It's so encouraging to read. Most of us can help others by sharing our own personal experiences in life always hoping there's a positive outcome. Thank you for reading. With kind regards

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Malaika ~

Keeping things simple and light-hearted can be a tonic here on the Forum. In your reading you will have noticed how hard things are for so many. Quite often it is not just wise words, care, or even the experiences of others that always helps.

A little light - not necessarily connected with their circumstances - can breed a feeling of well being at times when other things are simply too heavy to deal with.

So by saying as much or as little as you are comfortable with, and simply having a presence, you are doing OK. If you have not already done so can I suggest seek out some of the threads on the social pages and see if there are any you would enjoy

Croix

Guest_05
Community Member

Hello. thankyou Croix for your post. The suggestion given about " keeping it simple and light hearted can be a tonic here on the Forums.

Food for thought.

I've ALWAYS kept my life simple as I've already written it several times on my posts to others. Its paramount. It's an absolute MUST for me so when those dark days creep in its much easier to cope without stressing about unnecessary things. It's always been one of my many coping strategies over the years of experience dealing with people. So keeping it simple and lighthearted is a great to enjoy life on a more postive way.

Was reading your background on the forums in this section. I haven't any of those qualifications as you have yet do know 'how" to deal with people in general within my limitations.

I suffer from severe anxiety/depression/ptsd/ along with a whole host of other mental health issues. Can to intensify with age and at times comes in the most unexpected ways so having good coping strategies is vital for me.

I'm still both a student and a teacher. None of is Never stop learning regardless our age. (We're about in the same age groups) Age shouldn't prevent us learning, helping, giving of oneself to others, so others may benefit from any suggestions given.

What's written above is a brief outline about my mental health introduction.

Thank you reading. With kind regards.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Malaika~

Thank you for saying more about yourself (I did not think there were many here as distant from their birthdays as myself, so finding a fellow traveler is very pleasing:)

I do have a thread called "Store your happy memories here"

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/staying-well/store-your-happy-memories-here-

whch is a place people can write down pleasant experiences they have had. I've found this helps others, and also the writers themselves as they are reminded when down how life can be. You might care to have a glance though.

I've the same diagnosis as yourself and can say the traumas were a long time ago and my condition has overall consistently improved over the years. Not gone, but manageable.

Qualifications are misleading, I'm a volunteer here just as you are, and came to find more information about coping with my conditions, and you are right, we all learn as we live on. Plus helping others is a two way street, the act helps me too.

I like your avatar, reminds me of my birthplace. Is also something with very little to do with the mental health theme - a glimpse outside at a different world.

Croix

Hi Malaika!

I am so glad to see that many have posted here in support of you! I hope that you have felt welcomed and comfortable here. From your posts I can see that you have a lot of insight (a great thing to see!). As you mentioned you are a deep thinker I think that this will help you process and work on achieving the outcome you want to achieve. We are going to cheer you on every step of the way!