FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling anxious so much you feel like your going insane

Haley87
Community Member
I met a guy who tried to play games with me, he tried to push me into something I wasn’t. He’s trying to make me feel like I’m insane and crazy. He’s tried to give me dibilitating anxiety that I can’t leave the house. Every time I put the boundaries up he pushes them back down.
1 Reply 1

Rabbit33
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Haley,

That doesn't sound like you've met a very nice person!
Look up the term 'Gaslighting' . - This may shed some light on the behaviour on which you seem to be describing of this guy.

If he is triggering this much anxiety and he is accusing you of being insane and pushing your boundaries.. Then maybe you need to ask yourself, do you want him in your life?
If the answer is no, then cut him off and take little or no notice of what he had said.

Are you currently seeing a psychologist? I know with me, sometimes when someone triggers off a certain heavy emotion, it can last for days and remains on my mind.
It may benefit you having a professional to speak with and address any concerns this guy has created.

Wishing you all the best! And remember, you deserve to be treated with love, respect and kindness! 🙂