FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don’t know what I’m doing here

Ataloss72
Community Member
Well hey. I’m don’t really know why I’m here and why I signed up to this. I’m 48 dad of 6 kids. Married twice divorced twice. I guess it’s been a hard decade for me. Had a lost of loss in my family and a divorce too.
I have put a lot to the side and yer I’m that guy that’s always happy at footy club or at work like not a worry in the world.
But I have struggled the last year I guess. I really don’t know what I’m doing here and hate to waste everyone’s time.
This maybe just somewhere I can put what’s in my head down not sure. But thanks for reading anyway ok
5 Replies 5

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Ataloss72 and welcome to the forums.This is a great non-judgemental place to get advice and share your experience.
It sounds like you have had a lot of loss in your life and a divorce is a loss as well.i know what it's like to be hurting on the inside while pretending be happy.Their nothing wrong with admitting you are struggling and am glad you have reached out here.
Take care,
Mark.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome stalls to the forum.

I am glad you have come here.bthinis your thread you can ask questions, vent or do whatever you want.
Loss is hard to process especially a lot of it.

Matchy has written a very supportive post.

Feel free to continue the discussion.

Babydoll77
Community Member
Hey, thank you for sharing, it's so good to see that you're reaching out, sounds like you could do with some support. Also sounds like you could use a space that encourages you to share on how you're actually doing - a place where you don't have to put stuff aside. You've experienced a lot of loss, I can't imagine how it feels. It's not a waste of anyone's time, this is a supportive space. It's so important to have validation and I encourage you to continue reaching out. What a champion you are for reaching out, even though you feel like it may be wasting people's time, you spoke out anyway and made that effort. It's your time.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ataloss, welcome to the forums.

Your title says it all but there does come a time when people have tried to move on but are unable to due to various circumstances all of which can be totally different to the person next to you, even though situations maybe similar, but this doesn't mean the outcome will be the same, our partners/spouses have different personalities as do the kids we bring up.

A loss in your family, which we're terribly sorry for, plus a divorce over the last 10 years slowly builds up and how the six kids are going to react makes it complicated in knowing what to do.

No one is a stranger when posting on this site because we have all been through our own type of depression, so try and help people with our experiences and want to help you.

Take care.

Geoff.

amberlite
Community Member
Hello to the at a loss person, your plate seems very full and I guess it's hard. Just to let you know you are not alone. Together we are stronger as we make our ways apart.