FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi

BlueIvy
Community Member
Hi, new here. Often feel anxious especially re: marriage. Maybe I think too much. Hard to know really.
4 Replies 4

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear BlueIvy~

Welcome here to the Forum. I think you will find it is a safe and non-judgmental place with many here who because of their own experiences care about others and wish to help.

You are right in that if you have nothing to compare things by it can be hard to judge your circumstances and feelings. So far you have mentioned you are often feeling anxious, particularly about marriage.

I would really like it if you were to say more about yourself and your life. I could just give you generalized information on anxiety such as Beyond Blue provides here

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/anxiety

and there is a lot there, on symptoms, treatments and more - however you deserve to have the things that actually affect you discussed

If you wanted to give more of an idea of you situation and feelings, and maybe the thing about marriage that is troubling, we would be able it talk with you about those things and perhaps be able to give you assistance based on our experiences where they are similar.

I hope to hear from you again

Croix

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to beyond blue.

please know this is a safe place to talk and the people here are supportive and non-judgemental.What parts about your marriage are you anxious about? Looking forward to your reply.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello BlueIvy, and a warm welcome to the forums.

People often think too much when suffering from any type of depression which also includes anxiety unfortunately, simply because negative thoughts start to dominate our thoughts and then begin to worry us that cause extenuating problems along the way.

We may think too much but when we aren't suffering from this illness we are able to process these thoughts with ease, however, once we do then our thoughts go around and around confusing us.

Take your time if you decide to get back to us, but we would appreciate hearing back from you when you're ready.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Guest_05
Community Member

Hello BlueIvy. Welcome. I'm new here too. I've given some thought about what you had posted about "often feel anxious especially re marriage. Maybe I think too much. Hard to know really" BlueIvy, there's absolutely nothing wrong in thinking too much especially when it has to do with marriage or whether your thinking of getting married. Either way, both have serious commitments that one has to deal and decide on which is the right decision to make. What does happen at times with anxiety, the brain goes into an overload mode of all sorts of thoughts running through your mind so it's difficult to find yourself out of that maze and try to think on the logical side of things. Thinking on the logical side of things you are in a better position to see things more clearly. We're all here to help and support you if you allow us to do so. Please feel free to post whenever you wish. With kind regards.