FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Confused

Harrietta
Community Member

Hi there i think i must be depressed.

I find it a daily challenge to want to continue being. Most times i can think optimistically and get some motivation but then there are those other times i know i just don't belong here.

I am confused

2 Replies 2

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi and welcome Harrietta!

You haven't really given much info about yourself. This is a great site to vent or purge from internal stuff. I'm concerned about your comment; "I find it a daily challenge to want to continue being". Please contact '000' if things are urgent, or tell someone close to you that you need help. We all need help sometimes ok?

We're not professionals and promote medical and psychological support from your GP and psychologist where possible. Lifeline and BeyondBlue have chat services via phone or online in times of confusion or depression. If you feel like giving up though, please contact emergency services...please!

Keep in touch Harrietta ok? Maybe we could continue some dialog to help you sort through your feelings and what's happening in your life. It might take some time for us to reply, so please be patient and maybe find another thread that's similar to your issues and read through, maybe even contribute.

Warm thoughts...Dizzy (Hugs) Fight the good fight!

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Harrietta,

Welcome to the forums. It's very normal to feel confused but I want to echo Dizzy's comment that I'm also worried about how you're feeling.

I'd also love to hear more about your story and if you have any thoughts about what causes you distress, but I wanted to say hello and let you know that you're not alone and I hope you can feel like you belong here with us. I'm really happy to have you here, and as a side note, I love your profile picture!

James