FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Boredom

Joule
Community Member
I have nothing to ,and I’ve lost motivation to do anything.That’s how hopeless I feel.
10 Replies 10

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome to the forums.

I am not sure if you have been diagnosed with anything except there have been times when I was feeling low that I had similar thoughts and feelings. And it is not a very nice feeling. Have you been able to speak with anyone about your thoughts and feelings?

There are a stack of questions I could ask but won't at this point in time. All I want you to know is that this is a safe space in which you can write, and nobody here will judge you. I hope you will come back to share more of your story.

Listening to you.

Joule
Community Member
Yes I’ve been diagnosed with schizophrenia,but that’s no longer the issue. I gave up surfing and now I’m too unfit to restart,so I have nothing to do and my motivation is going to do anything. My favourite past time is sleeping. I’m in trouble.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Joule,

Welcome!

As smallwolf mentioned, if you feel comfortable, please share your story and we're always ready to listen and help.

Also, if you want to share, let us know if you're seeing a physiologist or psychiatrist, or attending any support group. Seeking help from professionals or people with lived experience would be a good idea.

Please also do not ignore your physical health when you have mental challenge, especially during the pandemic.

Hopefully everything will become better.

Mark

Joule
Community Member
Thanks Mark. Yes I’m seeing a health care worker but there’s not much they can do. I wake up expecting a change , but I still have nothing to do, I can’t see anything changing. I feel hopeless.Even tv is no good because of my negativity and lack of motivation. I’m not sure what to do Joule

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jouele,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums. Thank you for being so open here. I can see that you are going through a tough time at the moment.

Motivation comes from within. Easy to say but it truly does. What types of things trigger your negativity?

Have you set specific goals? Maybe start something new. Go out of your comfort zone.

Have you tried mindfulness techniques such as yoga? Or exercise.

Let me know.

Stay safe and i am here to chat if you need me.

Joule
Community Member
Thanks Sophia,my negativity is triggered when I compare myself now to 2020 when I was happy and on top of everything.I feel so low that things could change so much so fast. My whole life is changed, and I can’t overcome thatThats why tv reminds me of how happy I was back then. I do walk a bit but the problem is too deep to solve. Thanks joule

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Joule,

After reading your additional messages I have stronger feeling that you need to seek more support.

I would suggest you to call BeyondBlue hotline and have a chat with the professional. Tell them what kind of support you have had and why they're not working for you. Maybe they can refer other resources for you. Don't give up, sometimes you have to try a few times before you find the best solution for you.

Mark

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

there is a web site (page actually) that lists about 300 different things to try. Would you be interested in looking at that?

But you mentioned surfing... do you live close to a beach? do you like the sound of the waves? Can I ask how you lost interest in it?

In my experience, when I lost interest in almost everything, I had to force myself to do things - even if it were to walk to the gardens. And I found that about 20 minutes into doing it that it was not too bad. I am not necessarily saying this would work for you. Perhaps worth thinking about?

Joule
Community Member
No I don’t live close to the beach, maybe I should give beyond blue a call,yes I’ve lost interest in a lot of things ,what is the web page with 300 different things to try Thanks joule