FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety

MiloTiger
Community Member

Hi

not sure how this is going to go but I have been suffering with anxiety for about 8 years

but just lately I have been getting really dizzy and feeling full in the head just wanted to know if anyone else feels this and what they do to try and get through the day

thanks

6 Replies 6

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Milo Tiger,

A very warm and caring welcome to the forums...

Im sorry it’s taken a while for you to get a reply..on busy days posts seem to get pushed back a page or two...

Anxiety can cause all sorts of different symptoms to us...

I know I do get dizzy when my anxiety is really high...In saying this though...I really want to gently urge you to reach out to your Dr. and talk to them about your anxiety is effecting you and also about your symptoms to rule out anything underlying...

Talk here anytime you feel up to it...We are here to help you in anyway we can...

My kindest thoughts Dear Milo Tiger..

Grandy..

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Milo Tiger,

welcome to our forums 😊

I had severe anxiety OCD the symptoms were very overwhelming until I received help from professionals...

can I ask if you have spoken to your gp about your anxiety? You could do a mental health plan together this will enable you to see a psychologist who can give you many strategies for your anxiety...

here if you want to chat 😊

Hi Petal22

yes I have spoken to my GP and the Dr is going to set up a care plan this Thursday so that will be good

I just want to know why I get dizzy when I stand up bc I’m ok when I’m lying or sitting down

I have ask this question to the Dr and he said there are lots of symptoms and this could be one of them! But that doesn’t help me get through the day when I’m on my feet all day at work 😢

MiloTiger
Community Member

Hi Ggrand

thanks for replying

I have reached out to my gp I am just frustrated with the dizziness which stops me from doing things

I love this forum though it’s really helpful and will keep in touch 😊

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MiloTiger....

I am so pleased that you reached out to your GP...and he has set you up with a care plan....I really hope that the care plan is a way further forward for you....

Maybe when getting up from sitting down...do it more slowly, so it’s not a sudden movement for you..

I also love these forums and the amazing people who make it all a beautiful caring family...I am glad to hear you say that you will keep in touch...Thank you so very much...

Here if you need to talk....

My kindest thoughts dear MiloTiger....

Grandy..

Hi MiloTiger,

Thats wonderful you have seen your gp and doing a care plan 😊 maybe talk to your gp more about the dizziness..... I know I had all types of symptoms with my anxiety.... you will get through it ....

Maybe when you are feeling dizzy sit down until you feel it subsides...I’m sure your employer will understand...

let us know how Thursday goes .... hang in there and wishing you all the best 😊