FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety at work

peacock
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hello, I’m having a lot of anxiety about my workplace. I’ve been at my job for nine months and it hasn’t been the best experience. My manager ignores me and I don’t have a lot to do. I’ve just been told that my job is being phased out but they have assured me they will find me another role within the organisation. I’m feeling very disappointed and stressed about this and have been very unsettled. I feel like just resigning but not sure this is a good idea.
6 Replies 6

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Peacock...

I think your manager sees you as an asset to the organisation that he/she managers...as he/she has stated that they will find you another position in the organisation once your role has faded out....

I wouldn’t resign as yet..if I was in your position..I would wait as see the new position that offered to you first..it could be better then the one you have now..you might like it better....Maybe give the new position a try first....then decide if you would prefer to resign...

Anxiety makes us think the worse possible scenario..I know mine does...but you have a manager who cares about you to be offering you another position in the organisation..because he/she cares about you and knows your a valuable asset to the organisation...

Wishing you good luck Peacock....

Kind thoughts sent with hugs 🤗 ..

Grandy

peacock
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Grandy, thanks for your advice, it really helped me see my situation in a different light. I will wait and see what they have to offer with a new role. As you so widely pointed out, it might even be a better job. Thanks again for replying to me, it helped a lot.

love Peacock

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Peacock...🤗..

I wish you all the best..Please if you feel like doing so...

Talk anytime here..and let us know what’s happened...

Grandy..

peacock
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi again and thanks for your reply. I went into work this morning but felt very distressed and had to leave. I feel so unsettled and unhappy about what has happened that I just don’t want to be there. I’m going to see my GP today to get a referral to my regular psychiatrist and have an appointment with her next Monday to talk things through. I have had bouts of depression for many years and always find her helpful.

please keep in touch

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Peacock..

I’m proud of you for going in to see your gp today..please can you tell him/her your thoughts, fears and how you’ve been thinking...Try hard to be open and honest..they can help so much.... talking about your anxiety thoughts out letting your gp helps so much...I’m so pleased you have an appointment with your psychiatrist...next Monday..as you find her helpful...I hope that talking things through to her will help settle your anxiety..

I have major anxiety and a few more mh labels...I understand so well how anxiety can take over our rational thinking...

Anxiety..is a tiny part of us..a protector for us..making us to be cautious with the unknown...Sometimes anxiety wants to take over out thoughts fully..making us think only of the worse case scenario...Like your new position in the organisation....You are good enough for whatever position they offer you..They know, care and like you..they know how you work..what your capable of doing..I doubt they will place you into a role that you know nothing about..

Do you know how long until the changes take place?

Can you speak to your manager about how your feeling?.

I’m very proud of you for going into work today..it’s okay that you had to go home...and you’re being very proactive with your mh...and reaching out for help....Well done...

I don’t know what type of work your organisation does..nor the position you are in at the moment..You have been with them for 9 months..if they didn’t think you are capable of this new position you will be offered, I’m sure they would have let you go....but they are not because In their eyes, they want you to remain working for them..because you are an asset to the organisation..and they both want and need you to work for them...

Good luck today with your gp...I hope you leave your gos office feeling a little less anxious...

I am not going anywhere Lovely one...Talk here when you need/feel to...Im listening to you and hoping in some small way I’m helping you a little...

Kind thoughts..sent with my love and some hugs..

Grandy..

peacock
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi, just wanted to post some good news....I applied for an internal position in my company. I told my manager about this and she put in a good word for me . I went for an interview and got the job. Feeling much less stressed now that I know what is happening. Thanks for being there for me when I was anxious....it really helps..I think Beyond Blue is amazing.