FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Empty

Pinkwhite
Community Member
Hi i haven't posted in a while. I've got myself a job one day a week and I volunteer as well. But I can't be bothered to go for a walk I need to put color in my hair but can't be bothered. All I eat is biscuits and junk. Can anyone relate to how I'm feeling. I feel so empty.
5 Replies 5

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Pinkwhite,,

Congratulation on getting a job and volunteering..that’s huge...and I hope you are proud of yourself for achieving such a huge step forward...

Getting a job, is a big adjustment and needs time for you to adjust to it...I know when I go to my volunteer job..I’m mentally and physically exhausted for a couple of days after. and feel to do nothing...

I live alone and quite often I couldn’t be bothered cooking a meal for me..I started buying those TV dinner meals, so at least I have eaten something healthy..instead of my usual cheeses toast..Eating biscuits and junk isn’t really good for your mental health as high levels of sugar can effect our mh in a negative way....The tv meals are easy..pop into the microwave for a few minutes..then enjoy it, no washing up, no work preparing them at all...Please maybe can you give them a try?..

I stopped colouring my hair a couple of years back, because I couldn’t be bothered..I’m close to my mid 60yrs ..and now I have whitish hair..which I’ve grown to like....

I am the same in regards to walking..it’s something that I’m aiming for as my anxiety keeps me from doing it...What I do, is to volunteer to go to the bank for work..it’s a small walk that I’m able to do....and I also walk around my backyard a few times a week...is that something that you could try until you feel able to talk a walk..

I do not know if you have reached out to your gp. and let them know how your feeling..if not dear pinkwhite..could you try as hard as you can to do this for you..Your gp can help you if your depressed...

Dear Pinkwhite...it’s so important to care for both your physical and mental health together as they help each other to heal..please look after you and be gentle and kind to you..

Please post here anytime you feel up to it..More people will pop in and offer you their insight and support..Looking forward to hearing from you at anytime..

Sending you my kind thoughts, with some caring hugs..

Grandy..

Pinkwhite
Community Member
Hi, Thankyou for replying. I didn't realise it takes time to recover from work and volunteer work. I will try those tv dinners. And I do have an appointment with my gp tomorrow. Your reply helped me alot. Thankyou.

Hi pinkwhite make sure you have a written out list of symptoms your having /anything else you want to talk about to hand to your gp as that’s what I did and handed to my gp when I saw her this Friday just gone which helped so I did not forget them all although then I forgot about my anxiety and the fact I barely sleep at night and have had that issue since not long before Christmas last year but the one before that 🤦‍♀️

Thankyou yes i will jot them down. I think it feels weird i was ok and then this dip of depression and anxiety. I have seen my doctor and even if I don't feel like it i will go for a walk.

LovelyLoneyLady
Community Member
Hi Pinkwhite, when i feel that way i “just do it”. I set myself up for success by putting out my walking/workout clothes, set my alarm and go walking before im awake enough to think of an excuse not to go. It really is step by step stuff. I say to myself, “ok, all you have to do is get out of bed”. Once thats done its “ok i only need to put my workout clothes on”, then “ok wash face and tie hair back” etc. Eventually i find myself outside and on my way. Once finished, I always feel better and “sped up”. Hope it works for you too. x