FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety and going through difficult time with IVF. Reaching out

steviewonder1987
Community Member
Hey everyone. I have battle Anxiety all my life. Mostly its social anxiety. Shy when meeting new people. Sometimes hard interacting with new people and places. I have come a long way though. I am not healed by any means but i feel i manage now living with my anxiety and worries. However the last two years have really been difficult. My Fiance and I have been going through IVF to have a baby. We now gone through i would say maybe 6-7 cycles and theres been no luck. The hard part too in all this is its actually my fault. Theres issues with my sperm. So you can imagine just how i feel knowing that i feel like i am letting my partner down in our quest to have a baby. every set back we have had has hit me hard. I admit ive cried. Ive been in pain. My partner  tells me not to dwell or worry but as someone who has always worried about things i cant let that dwell go. This last cycle we did just ended few days ago. I got upset again of course and i started having doubts and started of thinking of giving up on this dream to have a baby. Having a baby means everything to me and my partner.  We have put our wedding on hold because of all this. my partner is now 37 so we dont have much longer time wise to indeed have a baby if you know they say best have a baby before your 40. But again every set back we are having is hurting me deeply. I feel like i just need to get it all out and seek help from somewhere so thats why i am here. I am hoping to get support here to where by talking to others who either going through hard times atm with their anxiety or more so ivf issues it might help me with what i am going through. So if anyone wants to send me a message of support or give me encouragement or want to know more of what going on with me and the whole ivf process i be willing to share all that with you all. Thank you all for your time. Take care
2 Replies 2

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi steviewonder1987,

Wellcome to our forums.

Im so sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand anxiety is hard to deal with but you can learn to manage it with the correct help.

I understand that it must be so hard to really want to have a baby but it seems to be taking a little while to fulfill.

Please don’t loose hope steviewonder1987 it’s still possible that it would happen for yourself and your wife, please try to think positive.

For yourself and your wife to be going through ivf the doctors must think there’s a chance.

You could have a chat to your gp and discuss how your anxiety is affecting your life, your doctor could refer you to a psychologist so you can learn some coping strategies for your anxiety.

Hang in there I believe that good things happen to good people.

Your miracle could be just around the corner.

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Steviewonder1987,

I'm so sorry for your challenge. I don't have IVF experience but my wife had two miscarriages. I can imagine how hard it is for you.

May I ask if you and your partner have considered adoption? Maybe this could be another way?