FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Withdrawals

Haylz123
Community Member
I have been on medication for about 4 years and have tapered to nothing. It's now day 4 medication free. I've had headaches and dizziness which I expected. The first two nights I slept pretty well only waking a couple of times and getting straight back to sleep. Last night was different. I couldn't sleep and burst out in tears in frustration. I managed to doze off a few hours later but didn't feel like a proper sleep. My dog woke me early this morning wanting to go outside. I couldn't control my emotions and cried and cried. All the other side effects I can deal with but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to control my outburst of frustration? Thanks. 
4 Replies 4

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Haylz123, welcome to the forums. Medication withdrawal and side effects come up quite often here. Below are some threads you might find helpful to read and participate in:

Antidepressant withdrawal

Antidepressant withdrawal and changeover

How to deal with withdrawal symptoms 

Medication withdrawal

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Hayz, I'm sure those threads that Chris has supplied have helped you, but did you decide by yourself to wean yourself off the antidepressants, because that's something that always concerns me, not that I'm a doctor, but this happens so many times to people who want to stop taking medication.

Please go back to your doctor and get their opinion. Geoff.

Dwwmills
Community Member

Hello Halyz.

I have to repeat what Geoff says.

If you’re having problems so recently after coming off of
your medication you definitely need to go and talk to your doctor or
psychiatrist.

Good luck

Frosty_34
Community Member

Hi Haylz,

It was nice to read my first forum and to see straight away that im not the only one with similar withdrawl symptoms.my sleeping patterns havnt been ideal and i certainly get tired during the day. I also get headspins and diZziness too,which i hate because I don't have control over them. I have found that to control these random emotions I automatically stop what im doing, take a short or long walk outside ,take a dozen big deep breaths and just try to relax.looking up at the sky at forcing a smile works for me. 🙂 . Everyone will be different in their own way! Definitely seek advice from your doctor tho if things arent working!.. 

smile 😀