FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Serotonin Syndrome & Histamine Intolerance

Caite
Community Member

Hey All, 

Just wondering if anyone has ever had to detox serotonin and histamine before and what has been your experience? 

I recently came off my anxiety medication after 5 years and have been flooded with too much of both, I’m just over a week into the detox and Im trying very hard to stick to it but it’s been a real struggle 

Thanks in advance 

4 Replies 4

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Caite,

Best to discuss with your GP or psychiatrist when it comes to weaning off medication. But take it from me, DO NOT try to do this on your own. The neurotransmitters in your brain are very sensitive and do not immediately normalise after coming off medication. This will affect your mood and a bunch of other things.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Caite
Community Member

Hey Bob, 

Thank you, yes Gp needed me off them as my body stared to fight against the medication, it’s been very tough but thanks to a herbalist listening to me I feel like it’s working 

Caite 🙂

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Caite,

Thanks for the update. That is good to hear. Just be sure to cross check with your GP any medication your herbalists gives you. I know certain herbal remedies such as St. John's wort can interact quite badly with medication.

Bob

Caite
Community Member

Hey Bob,

Yeah definitely my herbalist is actually not given me any type of herbal remedies it’s all vitamins such as magnesium glycinate and vitamin Bs & Cs 

Hes very across board on what my old anti depressant could react too 

Thanks 

Caite 😊