FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I Need Support Against Covert Narcissist He Is Threatening To Kick Me Out:

Rajeet
Community Member
Hi my name is Rajeet, i am 18, I still live at home with my parents, i have no friends, i don't have a car still stuck on my learner license, i am experiencing narcissistic abuse from my dad, it is emotional abuse, he is always causing dramas, making everyone feel down. It is tarnishing my mental health and wellbeing, and now i confronted him for his behaviour, and he is just deflecting it back and complaining that i am criticising him, clearly i am not, i eventually told him that i am not talking to him anymore and he told me to get out of his house but i have not yet, very soon i am going to need to find somewhere else to stay and i don't know what to do.
1 Reply 1

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Rajeet,

I’m sorry you are dealing with this situation. The first thing I thought of is the option of ringing Kids Helpline. They support young people up to the age of 25. They are available 24/7, 7 days a week on 1800 551 800. They also have webchat and email. They have trained counsellors who should be able to provide some kind of support and guidance. They have info on their website about family issues, leaving home etc.

There is also the Beyond Blue Helpline 1300 224 636. I just thought of the Kids Helpline first as it’s geared to young people.

I hope you are doing ok today. Has your Dad calmed down a bit? I hope things might be at least a bit more settled. But in any case know that you are not alone and there is support available.

Hopefully some others have some ideas. Take care and feel free to stay in contact if it helps to talk.