FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Help with finding a good mental care treatment centre

AlexisC
Community Member

Hello,

My brother who has bipolar and was taken off his medication far too quickly and attempted suicide and is in the Royal Melbourne Hospital. He is hating it, sadly some places are not so good.

Can anyone help with recommendations for a treatment centre in Melbourne which has a good reputation for caring? Thanks

1 Reply 1

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello AlexisC,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's mental health struggles, but I'm glad he's getting some care for the time being. I don't live in Melbourne so I don't know if I can help with that, but I imagine the hospital themselves should have some information about other options in the area. Otherwise, a good GP may also be able to provide some local suggestions.

Sadly, it can be hard to quickly and easily find a treatment and a doctor that suits us, and I know it can be really disheartening, but I hope it won't take you and your brother too much time or effort to do so. BeyondBlue's own support line can also be a good source of both support and generally information about what help is out there, in case neither of you have given them a call either.

James