FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Discussing Anxiety with your parnter.

Dan1989
Community Member

Hi,

My question is, should you discuss your anxiety with your partner?

3 Replies 3

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Dan1989

Welcome to the forums, we hope can support and help you. Discussing anxiety or any other mental health issue can be intimidating- we want them to understand, perhaps be a support to us, but we can also want things to still be normal, too. What has encouraged you to talk to your partner? What do you want them to consider by having the conversation? Thinking about your motivations may help with your approach. I would also be direct, and honest- don't beat around the bush. Be patient, answer any questions they have. It's like sharing any other personal information about yourself that you need to share in the relationship. Feel free to update on this journey if you like- you can continue to use this thread to seek more advice if you like, too.

Tay100

Dan1989
Community Member

Hi Tay,

I think the encouragement is that I've acknowledged I have anxiety. I feel that it has been impacting our relationship including my mental health. I am nervous in how my partner will react /:

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Dan1989

Acknowledging your anxiety would serve as an encouragement to keep moving forward and addressing things, yes. Do you have a plan as to how you'll approach talking to them? This can bring about a sense of clarity and help you be clear about what you want to achieve by talking to them. Being nervous about their reaction is understandable, too- but ty to focus on your motivation and think about some productive ways to channel that nervousness- what might that look like to you?

Tay100