FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

At a loss

flagpole
Community Member
Hi, I am a mum of 3 on a farm and have been living with depression for many years. It has become worse in the last few years and I decided that medication was worth a go. I started taking 25mg of X on tues and had all the normal side effects and felt pretty gross. By thurs my level of depression was significantly worse and I felt at risk which was pretty scary. I saw a dr who said to stop taking it for one day and if I felt the same to continue taking it the day after at 50mg, or start a new one (Y). I am still feeling lethargic, low, and unable to sleep even with sleeping tablets and more depressed than when I started taking them. I'm scared to start again and would like to have the advice of a psychiatrist to find the right meds for me, but there isn't one in this community. So don't know what to do now. Is there a psychiatrist in Albany as that's our nearest large centre? not coping at all, need urgent help. Thanks,
1 Reply 1

flagpole
Community Member

sorry, posted twice, thought the first one didn't work.