FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Partners PTSD anxiety depression

Kaz7777
Community Member

There would be far too much to write this all down, though I'm at my wits end. I don't know how much more I can forgive of my partner. When is is 'up' he is excellent, so loving and perfect and happy. Then it comes crashing down with episodes of him yelling, smashing things and physically hurting me. He has medication but as yet not taken it or gone to the pushy sessions he is meant to. I give it my all to keep him happy but now I'm growing resentful. If I bring up something I am 'nagging' him. When is drinks heavily he is a horrible person, even to the point he drove off and left me in the middle of the night. He used to threaten to kill himself though this has stopped. Currently we are in a typical 'down' stage involving me being in trouble for pretty much anything, and we therefore have not spoken for days. If we do it's him telling me off for something - using the last of the butter, making a phone call without telling him first, etc.

the sad part is I get to breKing point and have abused him twice during these down points. Not happy about it but I was crying out for attention. I also name call I don't know why,

I am just desperate to get him to see the hurt he is causing. There's always a reason his life is harder then mine, he plays the victim card telling me all the stresses he has weighing on him. Like he thinks mine is a walk in the park.

i am made to feel guilty for everything I do and he has me believing it's all my fault.

I don't know what to do.

1 Reply 1

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Kaz7777,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your situation.

You are right, there is too much going on for you to write here or indeed for any one of us to address, assuming we could!

What is clear to me from your post is that you are in an abusive relationship. No person deserves to be in an abusive relationship for any reason, male or female. For that reason alone it is good that you are re-assessing it.

There is a telephone number on this site and an on-line chat facility. Why not make contact?

If you wish, keep posting so we can provide moral support.

Kind regards, John.