FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My partner left me.

Mel74
Community Member

My partner suffers from depression but wont get help, he blames me everything and left me today. 

I didn't see it coming and I'm shocked and hurt, he seems so cold and distant,I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down, this is all new to me & I am struggling and dont know what to do.

1 Reply 1

AGrace
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Mel,

I can imagine how difficult and how much of a shock this must have been for you. Sometimes I think we forget about the incredibly courageous, and challenging roles our partners and carers play.

I appreciate you sharing this with us, and we're hear to support you in whatever way we can.

Is there a friend or family member that you could chat with, or have come around to tend to you for a little while?

Your partner may just need some space,  especially if he's not dealing with his depression very well. Just take each moment one at a time, and keep posting as often as you need. Dont hesitate to contact the Beyondblue call line if you need to talk. I imagine the first few nights will be tough, so if you cant have someone over, use the BB services as much as you wish. 

A big virtual hug.

AGrace