FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hi there

donz40
Community Member

This afternoon while at work my husband sent a text that he was feeling lost and that he doesnt belong..
. I was going to call him but he said hes busy working . Prior to this he has said this before when he was down but i had to let him be but still check on him. But today I said i am here for him...he didnt respond so i sent him a crisis number. I tried to call again but he sent another text he is working. I want to know how to get him to talk and communicate with me? How should i approach him? Advice, what do i say?
I am not even sure on his mood
2 Replies 2

Rumples
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi donz40 :0)

Welcome to Beyond Blue and thank you so much for reaching out.

I would urge you to to get him to reach out to 1800RESPECT, a 24/7 confidential information, counselling and support service which you can access via phone or webchat at - 1800 737 732 or https://www.1800respect.org.au/ Another option is the Beyond Blue Support Service. Our Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website:www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport

We're always here for both of you. Please know that you're not alone - we care!

I'd be happy to chat with you or hubby as much as you like.

Rumples :0)

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good Morning Donz, it must be a frightening time not knowing exactly how your husband is feeling, but also the effect this has on you.

I want to agree with Rumbles and the support she has offered and the phone numbers to contact, which you can also do as well.

Another option is to ring suicide call back on 1300 659 467 or this can also be done via online counselling 24/7, just as Lifeline 13 11 14.

If you are worried about his safety then you can call the police who may take him to hospital for his own safety.

Hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.