FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Don't know what to do

Confused21
Community Member
I got back with my boyfriend in January, we broke up for a few reasons but one was his anger. He recently started seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist to deal with his anger and depression. He has slowly been getting worse with his depression and confessed to me that he lied to both myself and the doctors that he has stopped having suicidal thoughts because he doesn't want them to be documented, he has attempted suicide 9 times before and I guess the term would be failed attempts even though I don't like to think of it like that. He has also been hearing two voices in his head telling him to do things, another reason for the doctors while his anger has been getting better I believe his depression has been getting worse and has even asked the doctors to up his dose. The last few days all he can say is that he doesn't know what is going on his head, it's getting to the point where he doesn't feel anything, nothing positive, he is still able to have the anger emotion. It's getting to the point where I am starting to feel like I can do nothing, I have dealt with depression myself, I was in a bad case of depression when we first started dating and about October-November I started experiencing it again with the stress that we were under. I don't know what to do, he has high self destructive tendencies but still maintains that he wants to be with me even though he does things that would make me want to break up with him because he doesn't think about it until after. I've started to feel sad again and feel like crying on and off, I just don't know how to keep being supportive without breaking down myself.
1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Confused, it seems as though your situation is a difficult one indeed.

Have the doctors either diagnosed him with only depression or perhaps changed their opinion of what he is coping with, and I only say this because when people hear voices in their head then this will diagnose him with another part of depression, which is at the extreme end, and I mean no harm in saying this.

I would really like to mention a comment but at this stage it's not appropriate, but because you have posted this comment then it's you that I am worried for.

What I can say is that your safety is of prime concern here, so I will wait to see your response to this reply. L Geoff. x