FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why does everyone hate me?

Jimbob1
Community Member

A bit of backstory I’m a 20 yr old male and I just feel like the community around can’t stand the mere sight of me and it’s genuinely upsetting and I just want to know why…. A few years ago in my last yr of school i was racially abused for being able to grow a beard, I was called a terrorist and names like that & of course got suspended when I reacted. But anyway further down from that I started going on the dating apps because every girl around me just looked like they wanted to spit on me or that’s how they looked anyway but I met a few of them & they just used me for practice, I was treated like a unwanted pet everytime I’d go out with a woman and that woukd make me suicidal. There was another girl online that purposely lead me on just for leading on just for fun. She said so herself and that made me feel even worse to the point where I felt like it was me against everyone else. My so called friends were no help either, they just laughed.

Now a days it’s still the same story & the same scenarios happening and I’ve had enough. I want to know why the whole community hate me and want me dead. No person deserves to be constantly ridiculed & abused like I have over the years and I’m only just in my 20s now. What’s the motivation to go on??

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Jimbob1,

Thank you for you open and honest post exploring your feelings around yourself and your friends. It sounds like things have been difficult for you for a long time, and you cannot find peace with yourself and your environment.

We will be reaching you to you privately to see how we can support you further.
If you would like to talk to someone we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We also strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

If you ever feel unsafe, please call 000 straight away as this is an emergency.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I am saddened to hear of your struggles in high school and afterwards.

It sounds as though you matured faster than the other kids in your school and that made you the odd one out and as consequence the other people would tease/bully you. And calling you a terrorist to me sounds like they were stereotyping (vs engaging with you in any meaningful way).

Was/Is it a case of repeated happenings make you dislike yourself even more?

Can you tell me a little about your community?

Do you still live at home? Are you studying? Working?

And while you said you friends laughed at you, did you get the chance to tell them how you felt about events?

Regarding community ... my son while at high school had to find a new set of friends because of something that happened there. It took a while though and was hard for him. Sometimes we have to find out tribe.

I would love to hear more of your story and walk with you for a little of this journey. I am sure you have many strengths and talents.

Tim